Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any other Spark LT owners had problems accessing the vehicle as your central locking won't work? I opened the car with the key only to find the engine ignition dead as a dodo. The emergency repair serviceman told me the battery had seemingly drained itself but he was unsure what the cause was - until he asked me to turn off the ignition and remove the key AND THE CAR ENGINE KEPT RUNNING! He stated he has never known this to happen and diagnosed an electrical fault in the engine. I then drove it to fully charge the battery but again when I removed the key I had further problems. This time the lights across the instrument panel and on the dash panel were flashing like a fairground! I was unable to lock the car again with the remote key and had to use the normal key. Unfortunately some of the internal lights have stayed on on these panels so I am not sure if the car will start again tomorrow! Anyone having similar problems? oh, and before all this happened I had already booked the car in for a check as the boot wouldn't open with the key either! Before these problems I too was a happy Spark owner but not so sure now...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Took my Spark into the garage and it needs the air bag activation system renewed so now it's unsafe to drive and in the garage till the part comes in! Not a happy woman! If it is fixed on Monday thast'll have been a full wk without it. Public transport is not my kinda thing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garage fitted new ECU for airbag system only to find this hasn't cured the problem. Now they tell me the Spark has corrosion in wiring harness. Consulted Chevrolet who instructed them to fit a new system rather than attempt a repair. Wonder how long that will take...and still no courtesy car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yipee! Eventually got a courtesy car from Chevrolet UK! To have it for the duration of the time it takes to get my car all better again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still no sign of my car being repaired! There seems to be some delay in the part coming from Chevrolet...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been informed the part is estimated to arrive approx 12/3/12! Grr. Also had to switch courtesy car as there was no glass over front fog lamps so now driving a Corsa. That's the 4th car I've had to drive in 4 wks (inc hubby's Misuibishi ASX). Here's hoping the garage have over estimated the arrival date for the part...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've still not got my car back as the part is on 'back' order and will likely not arrive till 12/3/12. That will be a full 2 months since I handed it in for repair. Have kinda forgot I own a Spark! Hope to have this resolved by the end of the week - fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The new wiring harness that your car will be waiting on, will have to specially made for it and shipped over from korea, this process all takes time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have now been informed that the garage have receive 2 of the 3 parts for the wiring bracket repair. Having contacted Chevrolet, the garge inform me that the other part has been given an estimated arrival time of 20th April! I am disgusted that by then it will be 3 months my car has sat in the repair yard awaiting a Chevrolet designed parts arrival. The garage are not to blame - it's the manufacturer. I feel very let down by Chevrolets process. I have written to them directly to enquire why the delays. I do appreciate these things take time but 3 months I feel is taking the mickey!

·
Registered
34 Posts
personally i can see why your upset, not nice to have issues with a new car, having spoke to chevrolet UK regards to an issue myself they are very helpfull and may offer some form of goodwill, although sometimes dealer blame the manufacturer when infact its their issue getting parts delvered

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wondered if the garage v the manufacturer blame game was being played so I actually emailed Chevrolet UK to ask why the delay - they phoned to ask me for 'my continued patience' until the part arrives! I also enquired about possible compensation - Call handler said they were not in aposition to offer this at present. Waiting with baited breath...

·
Registered
34 Posts
unfortunalty if chevrolet UK have said you need to wait for the part, then there is nothing else you can do, they may be willing to offer some form off goodwill once all the issues have been resolved in full. the company will certainly be doing there best to resolve the issue for you im sure of that, all i can advised if to keep calm and be rest assured chevrolet will get it asorted for you

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yet again another delay to the mystery part! This time it seems Holland is the venue for the delay on the part arriving. I still have my wee courtesy Corsa - to be truthful I sometimes forget I own a Spark! Will have to be patient even longer...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Believe it or not, I STILL have not got my car back. It's been a right farce waiting on this part. Having now got the required elements to fit the part, they have discovered more corroded parts which again are having to be requested via Chevrolet - I won't hold my breath. Expected arrival date of part now end of this month. As I only bought my Spark last July and took it to the dealership in January, they will almost have had it sitting in their yard as long as I have owned it!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I suggest that you write to mark terry head of chevrolet uk in luton and inform him that 1. it is being discussed on this forum. 2 it is embarrasing for chevrolet. it is also affecting my decision about whether i buy another chevrolet, and also that given the period of time it is taking would they like to swap your car for an equivalent. I have personally written this morning regarding my own car and pointed out that some of the discussions on this site generally do not reflect well upon chevrolet customer service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked up my car on Saturday! I now have my Spark back, though I was sad to see my courtesy Corsa go as I had got so used to driving it. Now have to get used to the controls and driving of my OWN car again. Will be seeking compensation for my inconveniences so will let you know how that turns out. All I can say is that it is going but as I am not mechanically minded, I don't know what all bits are brand new at a glance. Hopefully I will have no further bother with it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts