Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...the journey of fun continues...

This week I have new front and rear pads to do aswell as sort the handbrake, all perishable items just annoying.. that was till yesterday.
Driving along and thought I had driven over some gravel when I lost all power steering and battery light comes on.

Nursed the car home (not fun as she a heavy bitch) and got obd reader out. Alternator circuit malfunction. Stuck my head under the bonnet and discovered I no longer have a drive belt!

So 2 questions....
1) is this something I can do with limited knowledge on driveway?
2) anyone have ideas as to on part codes for c100 150bhp diesel lump? (2010)

Always appreciate help

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
I cant answer question 1 because I've never personally changed this.

Question #2 belt is readily available online typical link here:- Car Engine Belts for Chevrolet Captiva for sale | eBay

Remember it may not just be the belt ! Check the condition of the pulley/idler/tensioner.
Whilst doing other service work on mine they found the pulley was 'chewed up'

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant answer question 1 because I've never personally changed this.

Question #2 belt is readily available online typical link here:- Car Engine Belts for Chevrolet Captiva for sale | eBay

Remember it may not just be the belt ! Check the condition of the pulley/idler/tensioner.
Whilst doing other service work on mine they found the pulley was 'chewed up'
View attachment 1846
Cheers Ed, hope everyone is safe down there.

I have bitten the bullet and put car into garage to be done....they reckon £15-£20 for a belt and about an hours labour to fit....cant really argue with that. I know the pulley is about £50 over here if that has gone as well......just crossing fingers.

Garage are gonna do a full health check....basically an mot not recorded so I know the full state of the car....live the size and practicality of the beast but just seems one thing after the other....and cant be a chevvy thing as its a gm lump with a good rep.

Will update later once I know results....cross them fingers for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts