Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Only my 2nd post but wondered if anyone else has had any issues with significant road/wind noise through driver door/window seals from about 40mph upwards? I had it checked with the dealer and they said it seemed consistent with other models but the mechanic on a test drive agreed it seemed unusual?

I reckon it's probably just down to poor door seals. I have heard and read posts aboutwind noise from the large wing mirrors but this doesn't seem consistent with my problem?

Just thought I'd put it out there, however I have came to the conclusion that it will just have to be 'Lived with'!!

Cheers

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Doug B,

I don't have and have never had any issue with wind noise on my Captiva. Sound's like a fob off to me. I would take it back and get them to look at it again. There is a brute force and ignorance solution, but as it's still under warranty, I'll refrain from posting it for now...

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Doug B, I tend to agree with Bigiainw and especially Jonnybgoods comment about how quiet, thisis my experience. Inclined to think it's a seal 'misalignment'. I had with a car some years ago. Might sound strange but try an experiment. Get some 'low stick - easy peal' decorators masking tape and seal up outside of drivers door. Do it in several pieces so you can systematically remove different pieces. Get in via passenger door and do test runs. Remove bits until noise comes back, that might pinpoint the general location that needs looking at.

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
180 Posts
I noticed a bit of a noise from the drivers door on Sunday whilst driving up the motorway in France, but thought it was the window not being fully closed.

Made sure it was shut and it seemed to disappear - seemed to be after I'd closed the window, but obviously the auto stop didn't quite close it fully.

But then again, it could have just been me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I suspect a window rubber has got caught. Check they are all good and not creased.

Also, check the rear glass tailgate is closed properly. But be careful with that as mine is like arkwrights till and i'm worried that it will crack the glass one day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Doug, i've just seen your post and i have the same problem with the noise, the passenger side is perfect , so there must be a problem. i've measured the two doors and the gap where the chrome trimruns over the top of the door is 3mm on the passenger side and 6mm on the drivers side, this may be the problem, anyway, i'm going back to the garage again!Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete,
Maybe 'Good' isn't the right term but im glad someone else has this problem and it's not just me being overly critical. Let me know how you get on as my local dealers are as much use as a chocolate teapot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem and assumed design fault. Seems to happen on gusty days, seal just doesn't seem up to the job - looks a bit flimsy - last car I had which leaked around the door was a 1973 Mini, but I only pay £50 for that! Have you found a fix?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Interestingly it seems like those with the new trim are having this prolem, not us with the mk 1.

I didnt think there would be a change around the doors, unless they are using cheaper seals.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This may not be the issue, but I thought that the noise I had to put up with was wind noise from the window.However, bizzarely enough, when I lowered the seatbelt to the lower position, the noise stopped. Putting it back to the higher position, and the noise resumed.

Give it a go and see if it's the same thing for you. Strange but true....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts