Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed what I thought was a stain roughly in the centre of our driver seat yesterday but a closer look told me that the cover is starting to fray! Car's only done 15k km! It's the half leather upholstery and it's the cloth that's fraying.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Speedy Lidles have some car seat covers for less than 20e for the Captiva, won't help the fraying but might stop it getting worse.Washing my car for my trip to Italy and the UK yesterday and I broke the nozzle for the rear washer took it to the dealer where you had yours and he sold me a new one and fitted it for less than 15e.
Off Friday on round trip to Italy, Croatia and on and up to the UK and back again, that will give my car a good testing, oh yes and towing a caravan.
Good luck with the seats

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya, yeah seat covers may be the way to go although gotta be careful which ones as there are airbags in the seat sides. Just can't believe it's wearing so soon! That's good re the rear washer nozzle and best of luck with the trip! Sounds like a good 'un

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd raise the issue with your local dealer - it has been known for seats to be replaced under warranty if they are suffering from premature wear.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye, i think this calls for a word in their ear wor Geord!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw Antonio the dealer today who seemed very surprised and reckons the seat should be changed. His manager is dealing with it. Watch this space...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a phonecall yesterday from dealer, car is now booked in for next week to have the seat replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah cheers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seat replaced today.....and driver's seat cover purchased from Eroski supermarket on way home...!
Edited by: Speedy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts