Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Holden Captiva 7 2011 CG SUV 2.0 TD FWD Diesel 2.0L 4cyl (Diesel)
3 Posts
Hey Lurchy, I'm curious, are both of those Solenoids the same part number? after my mechanic did diags on my Captiva yesterday he narrowed down my power loss and P200A code to these 2 solenoids. There is a correlation difference between commanded and actual data in boost Pressure circuit and Intake manifold valve circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Again Continuum, ( Just a Follow up) there is also a small Vacuum reservoir tank below the two solenoids that has a One-Way Valve installed, this keeps vacuum available to the two solenoids at low RPM but does not keep vacuum for the EGR Bypass, also check vacuum hoses for splits.
Lurchy
Awesome Stuff. Biiig help mate. Thank you. Noticed I wasn’t getting my moneys worth out of the revs hence paying for diagnostics. Doing live analysis at the mechanic I am missing about maybe 19 PSI. There was a full check of hoses, EGR etc all came back sweet.
To correct my last post: These are the mechanics notes: (To be clear, this was just a diagnostics booking)
“After further testing and investigation a correlation difference was found between commanded and actual data in boost Pressure circuit and Intake manifold valve circuit.
Suspected cause is faulty sensors on one or both circuits.
Part only # DP102GEN $382.00 retail (DPF sensor)
Part only # EPS-016 $186.95 retail (Exhaust Pressure Sensor)
He wasn’t too sure if the 2 different above sensors were actually the same? Or if the same part would perform both? One is OEM one is aftermarket.
Installation and testing approx 2 - 4hrs labour”

He said they were at the back of the engine and hard to get to ..better hoisting it and going up underneath and entirely replacing rather than just testing them.
Rather than second guess a member of the craft, I’m just trying to understand what I am spending my money on and if the suggested parts will actually solve the issue.
Then I see your post which is pretty much the same fish but different kettle. Your part seems to be : Boost Solenoid Valve #VS200GEN …on appearance. As you have results and the above part is compatible with my Vehicle, I am inclined to go with this option.
I wouldn’t have the patience to go over the top of the engine and down the back to replace these. I’d drive my car off the Redcliffe jetty. So I would get my mobile mechanic who does my servicing to come around and do it with his infinite patience and wisdom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To the forum, sorry about the quote, i meant to type (Secret Squirrel Stuff) not the other one
Lurchy
Thanks for your help on this! unfortunately, I have the ABS, park brake, abs, lights all going off now (even after I had all of the wheel sensors replaced to fix the issue) which makes the car impossible to drive without wanting to drive it into a canal so I have abandon the boost issues temporarily until I have this issue sorted. I'll come back to this thread when I have more information on this ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts