Chevrolet Owners Club banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Holden Captiva 7 2011 CG SUV 2.0 TD FWD Diesel 2.0L 4cyl (Diesel)
3 Posts
To the forum, sorry about the quote, i meant to type (Secret Squirrel Stuff) not the other one
Lurchy
Thanks for your help on this! unfortunately, I have the ABS, park brake, abs, lights all going off now (even after I had all of the wheel sensors replaced to fix the issue) which makes the car impossible to drive without wanting to drive it into a canal so I have abandon the boost issues temporarily until I have this issue sorted. I'll come back to this thread when I have more information on this ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Thanks Lurchy, you were very kind, but I can't open the link
No problem opening the link here in the UK. Maybe you have some setting(s) blocking it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I changed the two solenoids to code 25183170 a few days ago, the P200A code keeps appearing.
I have a loss of power at high revs associated with turning on the light, toy car with key for a few moments
I was wondering if I have to test the solenoid and the actuator that go to the egr with the pump empty

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Read this post by Forum Member Scouse Mafia dated November 2014 under topic caption P200A OBDII Fault Code

"

Seen this code many times before? It's not just for a Chevrolet, but many other brands.

P200A is temperature too high in combustion air, this screws around with the swirl actuators, EGR and MAF, if EGR cannot control by warming up intake air, MAF gets confused.

Firstly, remove and clean EGR, also while off, clean what you can of the EGR port of the manifold. Do not disturb the solenoid of the EGR..
Second, disconnect the MAF and check the internal thermocouple has not split, this equals failure. If this is replaced, only buy Bosch. To check your MAF if ok or not, without removing, disconnect and go for a drive, note you will get the MiL lamp lighting up, but will reset once reconnected via EOBD2.

All of the above should be covered under warranty. If not EGR clean should be done every 3 years and quite easy to do as a novice / beginner. MAF even easier. Worst case is that the manifold is gunked up, which is a manifold off job, but you would be having DPF issues as well if that was gunked up. "

41 - 45 of 45 Posts