Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a T reg (1999) matiz and after several searches by myself and family members, we can't seem to find any info about whether it is ok to use the new E10 fuel in it ... has anyone found any info? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
292 Posts
So I have a T reg (1999) matiz and after several searches by myself and family members, we can't seem to find any info about whether it is ok to use the new E10 fuel in it ... has anyone found any info? Thank you in advance
Hi the use of E10 fuel in your Daewoo Matiz could give rise to emission upsets at MOT time. It may be better to continue using "Super unleaded premium fuel" which is also known as E5. The "E" stands for ethanol and the "5" for 5%. All pumps are marked near the dispenser nozzle so look for a sticker showing E5.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It might be OK with E10, but there is no official listing on this as, like Rover, its from a defunct company (Daewoo). So Jasta is probably correct, use E5 (97).

I have thought about this one, and will be switching to E5 (97) from next fill up, because I only use petrol as start up fuel for about 30 seconds on the morning, so the 10 litres I have in the tank is often in there for months, so I'm more concerned about water absorption and phase separation than the other issues.
My guess is that if you have a 1999 Matiz, you don't do a huge mileage, so the same may apply to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, certainly a lot to think about and contemplate my next move.

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
looks like 2006 was the watershed according to the gov site...

Chevrolet
All Chevrolet vehicles produced from the model year 2006 with a Euro 4 emissions compliant engine can be run with E10 petrol:
  • Aveo / Kalos – 2005 onwards
  • Captiva – all
  • Cruze / Orlando – all
  • Epica – all
  • Matiz – 2006 onwards
  • Nubira / Lacetti – 2006 onwards
  • Tacuma / Rezzo – 2006 onwards
  • Spark – all
This information applies to vehicles in original condition. The suitability of E10 petrol may be affected, particularly in older Chevrolet cars, through the use of non-original Chevrolet parts or through conversions.
If fuel additives are used, please observe the instructions of the additive manufacturer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts