Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that theElectric Cooling Fan stays on for a minute or two after stopping and turning the engine off, even after a short (1-2 mile) run.

Is this normal ??

I assume it's theElectric Cooling Fan - could it be anything else ??

TIA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have experienced the same and posted about it on other threads.
At its worst the fan sounds like it is preparing for take off and is quite disturbing when you hear it for the first time. I have experienced it after long and short journeys, but it does seem to occur when the car has been driven quite hard prior to engine switch off, i.e hard acceleration in second and third.

I have wondered whetherdpf regeneration might be a factor and people on another forum i have been on have thought the same, but having had the car checked at the dealership I am trying to convince myself that it is a normal occurrence.

Edited by: jonnybgood

·
Registered
12 Posts
does it have climate control ,the fan cools the rad for this as well and will run if needed to cool it,because if the air temp in the car is lower than outside it is working the rad ..........

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jonnybgood said:
I have experienced the same and posted about it on other threads.
At its worst the fan sounds like it is preparing for take off and is quite disturbing when you hear it for the first time. I have experienced it after long and short journeys, but it does seem to occur when the car has been driven quite hard prior to engine switch off, i.e hard acceleration in second and third.

I have wondered whetherdpf regeneration might be a factor and people on another forum i have been on have thought the same, but having had the car checked at the dealership I am trying to convince myself that it is a normal occurrence.
Thanks Johnny.

magic dragon said:
does it have climate control ,the fan cools the rad for this as well and will run if needed to cool it,because if the air temp in the car is lower than outside it is working the rad ..........

Yes, it has climate control, and is always on, so that makes a bit of sense.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts