Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Captiva LTZ 2.2D 4wd 184bhp Electric Handbrake is only catching on drivers side.

Turns out its siezed on passenger side.

When I google the replacement cable, EVERYTHING is coming up for a MANUAL handbrake cable NOT electric.

Does anybody know what the part number or the address of ANYONE who could supply an Electric Handbrake Cable? Preferably in UK but anywhere would be ok.

I've exhausted my fingers searching the internet, and I'm obviously looking in the wrong sites.

Help please.....

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
My only question is where has the cable 'seized'? If the cable hasnt physically 'snapped' does it need replacing?
Have you cleaned the internal drum mechanism to ensure that is not the problem?
Have you run through the electronic reset procedure? (it can be done manually). I posted this procedure about three years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only question is where has the cable 'seized'? If the cable hasnt physically 'snapped' does it need replacing?
Have you cleaned the internal drum mechanism to ensure that is not the problem?
Have you run through the electronic reset procedure? (it can be done manually). I posted this procedure about three years ago.
No, the cable has NOT snapped, although im only going on the word of my mechanic.
i will say this to him, to clean the internal drum mechanism.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Make sure your mechanic knows and understands the 'release' method applicable on this vehicle before disassembly and how to 're-engage' to balance the pull. This can be done quickly using the electronic method. I am not simply referring to winding back the ratchet cam.
You can use the Forum Index Search function to look up previous posts.
Guidance on use of Forum can be read here:-

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Go to this link and read posted entry # 6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts