Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my previous car (Vauxhall Signum), I could open all the windows when unlocking the doors by holding the unlock button down on the key-fob until they were open.

I could also close them all when locking the doors by holding the lock button down on the key-fob until they were closed.

Is this possible on the Captivas ??

Doesn't seem to work out of the box.

Also, can the doors be set to lock when you drive off as with most cars these days ??

TIA.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi CBers,

as far as i am aware, the answers to your questions are no and no. It's never worked for me!

Sorry

Iain

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigiainw said:
Hi CBers,

as far as i am aware, the answers to your questions are no and no. It's never worked for me!

Sorry

Iain
Oh well, never mind.

Wasn't something in the forefront of my mind when I bought the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think that the electrics on the Captiva are quite primitive, my last car was a basic Rover 75 CDT and the electrics were programmable as they are on most cars nowadays.Alan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Birdrock said:
I think that the electrics on the Captiva are quite primitive, my last car was a basic Rover 75 CDT and the electrics were programmable as they are on most cars nowadays.Alan
Perhaps I should have bought an Antara

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Hi Cbers, I had a previous vehicle with additional window close functions (cant remember which vehicle it was now) but seldom used it. It would not have been a make or break option affectingmy choice of the Captiva. I guess we could go on wanting everything in a speci ie memory electric seat positions etc etc ........these additional features are available but on vehicles costing £10,000 /20,000 more. My wallet had to draw the line somewhere. Having checked today Inote that the very latest Captiva speci includes front parking sensors and keyless entry as standard now but listprice is much more than I paid five months ago.However I might just enquire with my dealer about price for retro fit on front sensors.

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aussie Ed said:
Hi Cbers, I had a previous vehicle with additional window close functions (cant remember which vehicle it was now) but seldom used it. It would not have been a make or break option affectingmy choice of the Captiva. I guess we could go on wanting everything in a speci ie memory electric seat positions etc etc ........these additional features are available but on vehicles costing £10,000 /20,000 more. My wallet had to draw the line somewhere. Having checked today Inote that the very latest Captiva speci includes front parking sensors and keyless entry as standard now but listprice is much more than I paid five months ago.However I might just enquire with my dealer about price for retro fit on front sensors.

Aussie Ed
Not the end of the world on the windows, but nice to have when it's hot and you can just open the windows and let the heat out before the AC kicks in properly.

The auto-lock on the doors is a nice to have as well, and just something I got used to from my last 2 cars.

They were not thoughts when I purchased the car, more an after-thought.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Aussie Ed said:
.However I might just enquire with my dealer about price for retro fit on front sensors.

Aussie Ed

Isnt that what eyes are for

Joking aside I had them on my Jag, and where useful. Even though when parking, I had beeps from the back, beeps (different tones) from the front, beeps when seatbelts where being taken off by the wife and kids, as they thought we'd arrived, even though we still parking (hence moving). SatNav Lady telling me we'd arrived.... Gets a bit much after a while....

Mind you do miss the voice activiated controls the Jag had, especially the phone connections. Saying that, was more of a gimmic askign the car to set the climate control temperature (by voice), after all it was easier just to push the buttons :)

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
Aussie Ed said:
.However I might just enquire with my dealer about price for retro fit on front sensors.

Aussie Ed

Isnt that what eyes are for

Hi KLR, Yes quite right. As I've got older I have found the 'eyes in the back of my head' more important!!

Front sensors are useful for those horrible little stump posts they have in car parks (protecting the trees etc) that are not tall enough to be seen belowthe vehicle bodyline.

Aussie Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts