Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an annoying niggle........ the windows on the Orlando will go up and down with no problem but my niggle is that I have to keep holding the switch until the window is fully up which as you can imagine is a pain in the neck and also dangerous when driving. In my Zafira if you held the switch for a short while the windows would go all the way up or down. Help!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
There appears to be no cure. I questioned my dealer re this annoying feature - which is contrary to the stated spec apart from the LS model -and asked if it was possible to retro-fit switches with 'one touch' down and up. I was told 'No'. Disbelieving, I contacted Chevrolet Customer Services and the response from them was unfortunately the same.
Also, my car was an ex-demo and came with privacy shades on the 2nd & 3rd row & rear windows. These are secured into the window surrounds by special clips, some of which were missing & I could not therefore fit them all into position at the same time. I asked if I could buy clips & was told they were not available on their own & that I'd have to buy a complete new set of shades. Incredible!! What poor customer service. At the end of the day I got so fed up with my Orlando & all its niggles & problems I sold it after 9 months & bought a Toyota Avensis Tourer. What a lovely refined car this is in comparison. Just goes to show it doesn't always pay to buy 'cheap'. I suppose you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my car wasn't cheap and it says in the manual that the windows go up with a long hold so I am quite annoyed if there is no cure. Having half functioning electric windows is as much use as having wind-up windows!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You would need to replace the winder motor and relay and possibly the switch to the equivalent of the vehicles that do have one touch. If some cars have them then they can be fitted to others, but COST is the problem. add in the cost of labour. The cruze has one touch down and hold up!

i have just ordered a dacia sanderos 1.2s, no leccy windows, manual mirrors. NO RADIO, no aircon either, but not complaining for £599o. to replace the 09 aveo old model, as a direct replacement would be £11.000.

I can do a lot of other things with that 5 grand.

Edited by: cruzetype

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the Orlando LTZ Auto my front Electric Windows one touch down, and one touch up, its the rear ones which are one touch down and have to hold to close. It seems a difference between Orlando's also funnies with Sat Nav. But still find this a vehicle which after nearly 12 months would still purchase again and fun to drive, which having had some horrendous vehicles over the years which I would not wish on my worst enemy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the car is in the garage with a clutch problem so I will mention the electric windows problem and see what they say.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bopeep said:
The windows on my Orlando LTZ auto 163 hp are one touch down and hold for up on all windows
I wonder why there is a difference?????

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not sure if this is applicable to the Orlando, but I occasionally get this issue on my current car (Seat Exeo) where-by the one-touch windows don't work, and I have to 'reset' them, by manually holding the switch so the window goes all the way down (don't stop) and then all the way back up again.

Sometimes I have to do it several times to get it to reset properly.

Might be worth a try.......

P.s. I'm picking my Orlando up on Sunday, so I'll let you know what it does! LTZ [Exec Pack]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
andyjones_98 yes I had to do this once on my Zafira and tried it briefly on my Orlando so perhaps I will do it a few times and see what happens............when I pick it up today.
I had a flat tyre yesterday and used my 12v pump to try to inflate it to no avail. Found a big rip on the inside of the tyre but too late to get a new tyre from Discount Tyres. So off to Cwmbran today where I left it to get father-in-law to help take the wheel off and get new tyre fitted. Second puncture in less than two weeks!!!
Sorry a bit off topic there!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would rather the one touch be on the up if

I could only choose one! It's odd that they seem to vary.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Picked my '12 Orlando LTZ up yesterday, and I can confirm that it is one-touch for both up and down, on both front doors (not checked rears).

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Orlando LTZ 163BHP Autohas the Exec Pack and on a 61 plate had to wait for 6 months asa problem getting supplies from Japan strange when you lift the bonnet I have more German parts than a VW not complaining except niggles like that interior light making it horrible getting the key in the ignition thenterrible fuelfigures at times due to where I live withtraffic and hills not a good mixture also could be DPF.Just wondering if we all have different parts fitted as continual change suppliers and upgrades as I had a Vauxhall Victor Estate many years ago and it was btwnmodels it had som of what it should hav thn other tims the newer modeltry getting spares, my Vauxhall Viva 1800 SL was the same as part Victor & partViva.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After messing about with the windows I can now confirm that I have achieved one touch down but not one touch up!!! I kept pressing up then down and holding until I hear a click on each up and down then eventually it managed one touch down. Perhaps if I persevere I may also achieve one touch up !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts