Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased an Orange 2008 Captiva LTX diesel, and so far I'm very impressed with it.

The only fault I've found at the moment is that the electrochromic dimming rear view mirror isn't working. When I press the button on the mirror, the power light doesn't come on and the mirror doesn't dim.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is the an easy fix, like changing a fuse ?

The garage I bought the car from said they will change it if necessary, but I just wanted to look for a quick fix first.

This is my first post on here.

Cheers.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Pete,

I have the same model and colour!

I would check the fuse first, that's the most likely cause. The fuse panel is in the driver's footwell on the side of the centre console and has a guide to the fuses on the rear of the cover, although it's sometimes not that good and you might be better consulting the handbook.

Hope you get it sorted! And welcome to the forum!

Iain

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply. I have checked the fuse box, but I've no idea which fuse it might be. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't have access to the manual at work, but i'll check when I get home and post a reply in here for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi pete,
just looked in the hand book and the fuse for the electro-chromic mirror (ecm) is the top row of fuses third from the right 20amp inside the fuses next to battery under the bonnet hope this helps page 6-43 of hand book.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure ? I thought ECM was "Electronic Control Module", after looking on google. That's why i didn't fancy taking it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not totally i just assumed the ecm was the electro chromic mirror sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem, it may well be ECM, but I don't think it is. I thought earlier it might have been F/MIR, until I realised this is probably Folding Mirror. Does anyone have an accurate list of the fuse codes?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'd get the garage to check it out if you just bought it, as I couldnt find the fuse either.

When still under warranty my mirror fell off. After getting the dealership to re-apply it I like you couldnt get it to work. Pressing the switch did nothing, no light to show it was in, nothing. I searched for a fuse, failed so took it back. They replaced the mirrror, which isnt easy, as you cannot unclip the wiring, which I found out when the mirror fell off. Inhad to use gaffer tape to hold it it place, as otherwise it swings from the cables. Anyway, I digress.

I had a replacement mirror under warranty, and had to wait for the dealer to order it. The mirror itself is £300, so if it is not working get the garage to sort it, before they say its your problem. Dont forget, £300 for the mirror plus labour as it is not easy to change...

·
Registered
997 Posts
£300 for an interior mirror, oh, I remember the days when you could buy a whole car with an MOT and Tax for that....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Me too...

·
Registered
997 Posts
You need to find fuse F9 in the driver's footwell fusebox. It powers the fuelgauge and clutchswitch for the cruise controlas well as the mirror, so unless you've got other issues, my guess is it's not the fuse. Won't hurt to check though! I think the fusebox lies on it's right side with the front washer relay at it's lowest point and its a 10A fuse. Best of luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the reply. My fuel gauge and cruise control are working fine, so I don't think its the fuse.
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just out of interest, which model and year of Captiva is that fuse diagram from?? As it's totally different to my 2008 LTX, 2.0ltr diesel.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It's tha same as mine, a 2008 LTX, and I checked it againstmy car last night,soI have no idea why yours should be different. The fuse box hasn't changed fior the new facelifted model either. The diagram needs to be put on it's side with the top of the diagram near the clutch pedal with the part of the diagram containing the Front Washer relay at the bottom right corner. Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Here's my fusebox layout. I haven't got a fuse in "F/DR LK" for some reason, even though the front door locks work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I found that the fuses do not match the diagram in the book or the markings on the lid of the fusebox in the car !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol, ok, but the diagram from the book at least matches my layout. The other diagram above from bigiainw is totally different.

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
I;ve been reading theses posts with interest.........now.. I am totally con'fused' !!

Aussie Ed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts