Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2009 Captiva 2 litre AWD Uk bought, ran over some rubble at speed a few minutes later lost Speedo , 9 warning lights including abs handbrake etc on RAC guy said module showing permanent fault can’t reset. Reckons £600 plus for replacement any chance anyone has any other ideas thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Hi I have a 2009 Captiva 2 litre AWD Uk bought, ran over some rubble at speed a few minutes later lost Speedo , 9 warning lights including abs handbrake etc on RAC guy said module showing permanent fault can’t reset. Reckons £600 plus for replacement any chance anyone has any other ideas thanks

I would start by checking for damage to the ABS sensors or their connectors. ABS errors/damage can throw up all sorts of 'associated' often spurious warnings.
How to check ABS sensors can be found using the Forum Search tool for previous discussions.
How to use the Forum Search function is in the following link. There are also pointers on how to complete your 'Sign-Up' (the system believes you are in UK??) and how to add vehicle data to the Footer or left hand data pane.

Come back with an update after checking ABS sensors. (start with the front ABS before checking the back ones).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts