Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 56 plate lacetti, with 31000 miles and I am having problems with the eml coming on, the problem is getting worse the colder it gets, the light has been on now for 4 weeks constant, but starts flashing when I start the engine up from cold, I was told it needed a new coil pack, but it made no difference, I have tried many engine flushes and oil cleaners, took car to main dealer they wanted £600 to replace valves, but I don't have that sort of money, the more you drive the car the better it seems to get, But a couple of times there has been no power for a short while, but it does return, any help or advice would be much apprechiated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark, had a similar problem with a Nissan. Dealer wanted £500 to investigate. Engine sounded OK so i started monitoring fuel consumption, as if anything wrong with engine will increase consumption. Fuel consumption turned out to be OK so no major problems expected. Assumed that it may be an intermittently sticking piston ring or valve, or carbon deposit on valve seat. Added fuel system cleaner to every tank full for several months. EML started flickering and eventually extinguished during normal running and everything as it should be after 12 months of indication. Ironically, fuel consumption deteriorated a little when all indication back to normal. Now 4 years later, everything still OK. I now add fuel system cleaner to both my cars at each annual service.

Hope thi s helps

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts