Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Holden Captiva CG LX 3.2LTR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. This problem has been going on for 12 months. Replaced MAFS with Bosch OEM. No change. About to have exhaust changed and wondering if I should swap out O2 sensors? Otherwise engine runs smooth and responsive. Only issue can be cold starts flooding.

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
The one obvious entry in these scan pages is code P0111 which relates to Intake Air Temperature sensor. No mention that you've changed this.
The following link describes functions of MAF, MAP & IAT MAF, MAP, and IAT Sensors

·
Registered
2007 Holden Captiva CG LX 3.2LTR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one obvious entry in these scan pages is code P0111 which relates to Intake Air Temperature sensor. No mention that you've changed this.
The following link describes functions of MAF, MAP & IAT MAF, MAP, and IAT Sensors
Thanks Ed. In my model the IAT sensor is integrated with the MAFS which i have replaced already. Have not checked wiring harness to MAFS for earth leakages etc yet but thinking o2 sensors first based on obd2 report and my timing having the exhaust replaced next week.. Recently found vacuum hose blockage that once fixed took abs & traction control lights away that were also present. Your link refers to MAP sensor damage caused by faulty vacuum hoses so that could be another possible direction??

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
David, Here in the UK there are very few 3.2 litre variants (cant afford the juice!). I dont have the tech data on the 3.2 so I wasnt certain if it was integrated or not. Thanks for clarifying. Connectors & connector blocks do seem to be a an area of 'irritation' across the range, so checking through the continuity is probably the next step.

I'm sure there will be other suggestions from our fellow Captiva owners.

Reactions: Davidaj73

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don’t have any experience of the 3.2 engine either but I’d offer a few comments:

Using Torque app can be very misleading, I’ve seen tecchies who won’t even discuss its readings.

Why would you want to change the 02 sensors? Readings seem within spec or am I missing something? Lack of readings at ID 06-83, 02-83, 05-84 and 01-84 are because there’s no sensors fitted at these locations.

It would seem logical that the IAT thermistor readings are high if you’re experiencing flooding at start up. You say you’ve changed the sensor but was it a genuine one you fitted? These cars don’t like anything but OEM spec sensors.

Maybe some of our brethren from the OZ chapter will know more about this engine?

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Victor, OP does say he has replaced MAFs with Bosch OEM in post#1 so we have to assume these are okay. Unfortunately this might end up being a 'try everything' scenario which is immensely frustrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts