Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone experiencedengine revs increasing when foot is removed from accelelerator. I have experienced this quite a lot whenthe engine has reached running temp. When I remove foot from accelereratot the car surges forward I have to dip clutch and brake. I am awaiting a response from my garage once they contact Chevrolet, don't hold your breath. Has anyone else experienced this. I think personally it is something to do with anti -stall device. Car is a 2 litre LT diesel 2011Cruze Saloon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the 2010 2.0 vcdi auto and have not experienced your problem. In fact despite my many complaints about omissions on the Cruze, I have found it to be far more reliable than other cars I have owned including three BMW's which I would never buy again. I can not understand the media's dislike of the Cruze , I find the roadholding to be excellent probably this why it has won the WTC several times.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Car is a 2 litre LT diesel 2011Cruze Saloon. [/QUOTE said:
have you checked the engine oil level to see if it has gone up? if there is diesel in the oil because of insufficient regeneration thsi could possibly be a cause of over revving. make sure you do annual services and oil changes, On the epica, (same engine) I do 5000 mile oil changes. make sure you use gm dexos 2 oil.

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Changing engine oil every 5000 miles is IMO a waste of money. I change every year at approx 8000 miles, which is within Mnfgs. requirement. Correct grade of oil to use on a modern diesel is ACEA -C3 any Brand to this spec.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Disbeliever said:
Changing engine oil every 5000 miles is IMO a waste of money. I change every year at approx 8000 miles, which is within Mnfgs. requirement. Correct grade of oil to use on a modern diesel is ACEA -C3 any Brand to this spec.
AND, if it hasn't got the dexos 2 certification, bang goes your warranty, as others have found out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts