Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help diagnose my engine, 2.0 vcdi captiva 2008, no EML light but running really rough like it's misfiring. Poor acceleration and loss of power. Recently changed MAF but nothing has changed. Really startingbtoose my mind with it now

Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
6,634 Posts
Jayz, Really not enough information I'm afraid. How many miles what service history?
Firstly what made you change the MAF. Did you have diagnostic code identifying it? Or was this guesswork?
Your 'symptoms' can be any one or more of a whole raft of possibilities.
Misfiring - have you had injectors checked; is the air filter clean, have you got a split or loose air feed. (misfire can be an incorrect air/fuel mixture). Has the EGR ever been cleaned - maybe it is sticking.
The list can go on and on.
You are expecting a forum diagnosis but you havent given us any diagnostic codes to even attempt steer you in the right direction. Have you been to your local Service dealer?

This topic is a 'regular issue'. You can use the Forum Index Search function which covers 10 years worth of posts. Go to the three white dots right hand side in the black header bar, select Advanced Search.

As a suggestion have a read through the following link how to use the Forum and in particular the back Index and read up previous discussions on this very issue.

Come back once you have had a full GM diagnostic evaluation and list to us the hidden codes.

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out it was in need of a new camshaft and all rocker arms etc so while there had new cambelt, water pump and auxillary belt while it was at garage...£1500 later but running like a new car noe

·
Super Moderator
6,634 Posts
Hi Jayz,
Appreciate the feed back. Always helps other members in their deliberations.
The Series 1 has been known to be 'troublesome' on the cams/rockers so this appears to be another confirmation of it.
If the remainder of the vehicle is in good condition then the £1500 will considerably extend its useful life.

reminder: Dont forget to add your vehicle data to your Footer/Signature which will then automatically appear under your posts. You can also add your location town/city because although your data pane shows UK flag, when cursor placed over flag it does not show location so I suspect you missed parts of your Sign-up originally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anybody help diagnose my engine, 2.0 vcdi captiva 2008, no EML light but running really rough like it's misfiring. Poor acceleration and loss of power. Recently changed MAF but nothing has changed. Really startingbtoose my mind with it now

Any ideas
O2 senser i had same problem ruf tike over los of power crap miles to gallon no dashboard light just a code on dinostics change o2 bank 1 senior all is fixed like a new car now

·
Registered
3 Posts
O2 senser i had same problem ruf tike over los of power crap miles to gallon no dashboard light just a code on dinostics change o2 bank 1 senior all is fixed like a new car now
Plus mine is the 2.2 reg 13

·
Super Moderator
6,634 Posts
Dav, Helpful info regarding the O2 sensor.
The complexity of the modern engine and sensors results in so many varying problems giving similar rough engine performance.
Helpful tip: your vehicle info is best placed in your Signature/Footer as it then automatically appears under every post.
You can also add/complete location (town/city).
Other tips & guidance on the following link:-
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts