Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just got a captiva lt diesel 57 plate, 34k, ive driven it for around 1000 miles, now the engine even after a long drive only stays at one and a half segments under halfway, is this normal, temp has been under 5 degrees in scotland since i bought it , anyone else had this??? Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hard to diagnose exactly, it could be at the right temperaturebut the gauge or sender unitis reading low, or the temperature is low because the thermostat is not seating properly or its opening too early. one guide after driving for a while does the heater blow nice and warm. If you want peace of mind a dealer can plug into the diagnostics and give you a temp reading when theengine has been running for a while. [don't know if the garage will charge you]. Or buy a plug in diagnostics reader yourself to get a temperature reading, also gives you fault codes and re-sets the engine management light when required. mine only cost me about 16 quid on ebay plugs into my laptop and the cars 16 pin diagnostic plug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heater blows warm air after a short while, surprisingly quick for a diesel, saying that after an 8 hr drive it was the same level, 1.5 segments under half way
Edited by: HGlasgow

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine's a 57 Plate Diesel LTX and the temp guage is the same. Sits just below "middle" on the temp guage. Think that seems the right point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for advice, I will keep monitoring this and may have to contact the dealer if I note any changing temp levels, but generally after warm up the needle stays in the same level, under halfway

·
Registered
997 Posts
Me too- as have most of the cars I have ever owned, and there have been a few.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mind is the same sits between half and quarter closer to half mind you ! I have also noticed my heater blowing cold on long cornering asked dealer to check before the warranty ran out but as per usual no fault found i almost think the dealers dont want to earn money from warranty work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts