Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Good day to everyone. Im experiencing some sort of whining noise starting from low speed around 20 mph and gets worst onwards especially if Im turning round the bends. It minimize the noise on a higher speed though around 70 mph. Went to the dealer and was told tyre feathering in both rear tyres. I had a 20 " on at that moment so I tried to swap it over with my original 17 " which I havent had any experience with this noise before when it was on. Unluckily, the noise is still there. Has anyone of you is experiencing this kind of problem as well? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Would have guessed wheelbearing(s) or CV joints

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wheel bearing.... Its the turning that gives it away. Is it noiser turning one way than the other ?
Had one go on mine. Took the dealer b!oody ages to get them fixed. Told me they where on back order, but that's another story....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been to the dealer today and was told that the nearside wheel bearing in front needs replacing. Parts will be arriving next tuesday. Well, Im not so sure now as what Mr. Richards said that they are having a back log. Anyway, thank you for all of your advise and hopefully this will be sorted soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a terrible noise on a 4X4 once sounded like wheel bearings or worse, turned out to be tyres, replaced the 4 tyres and the noise went. Only to have one stabbed the next day on a service stations so I could be lined up to be robbed.With the metal jack handle in my hand and I am a big chap anyway and really annoyed about my new tyre they thought better of it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Tnarg... "

how much did the repair(wheel bearing) cost. I suspect mine is faulty also."

Cant tell you sorry, mine was repaired under warranty, but I would bet it is not cheap.

bopeep... Lucky only the tyre got "stabbed"... mind you if you had hit them bet you would have been done. Today's society leaves me gobsmacked....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tnarg

My car is also under warranty so I honestly dont know how much is the cost of wheel bearing replacement. Im sure it is not gonna be very expensive. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts