Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, had my Captiva 3 weeks now, done around 1500 miles, and loving it, even with the less than published MPG figures

I think I have now figured out all of the toys the Captiva has on offer, so just wondered if anyone feels the Entertainment System is a poor as I have found it.

When playing MP3's from a USB stick, it is very slow to start playing a track, and there's like a 20 second gap between tracks. I won't even get into the RANDOM play function as that is so hit and miss.

When playing via BlueTooth (BT) from my phone, there is no lag at all, as the Entertainment System is only piping the input through to the speakers. I have bought a 32Gb micoSD card for my phone and copied my music collection to it, so now have ~3000 tracks to choose from.

I assume this is the same for everyone, or do I have a flakey Entertainment System ??

I am also a bit miffed at the lack of functionality of the BT system it self when it comes to making calls, compared to other cars.

You can only make a call if you want to call the last person you spoke to.

I suppose I should have investigated this before buying the car, but when it's advertised with "Bluetooth telephone connectivity", you would expect it to at least sync with your phone and be able to read the contacts.

Oh well, still loving "The Beast" (with "Beauty" as the voice of the Sat Nav), even with it's limitations.

Your thoughts would be welcome.

TIA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine is the older without BT version.

USB stick MP3's and using SatNav is not a great idea as SatNav will crash randomly. From SDHC card in unit all works just fine thou.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine is even older without USB and SatNav

(2008 LTX)

But it does mean I have a BRILLIANT entertainment system, with a great radio, 6 CD interchanger (brilliant Random function) and can plug an iPod/MP3 or Phone in using a 3mm Jack lead, which works brilliantly with no problem or lag...

....want to swap

(Sorry couldn'r resist.....
)

·
Registered
997 Posts
+1 KL, I think it's a great system too!

·
Registered
997 Posts
To be fair CBers, some love that system, some hate it. I don't have it, but i have a decent CD changer, a great tomtom sat nav and a hands free phone kit, so I think I have all the bases covered!

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi CBers, I too hated the the Bluetooth side of things that much i have changed the system and installed a Pioneer Avh-2400BT, however did try another system first which didn't marry up with the Captiva aerial very well.Perhaps its a thing with the newer models, mine is 2011.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts