Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there any one know how to release the parking break with no battery or flat battery,?

·
Super Moderator
7,466 Posts
Hi there any one know how to release the parking break [Brake] with no battery or flat battery,?
Probably simplest option is to borrow a battery and jump leads.
You might be able to obtain sufficient release if you remove the access grommet in the back of the rear drums and slacken off the ratchet adjuster. You'll need to readjust correctly afterwards.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably simplest option is to borrow a battery and jump leads.
You might be able to obtain sufficient release if you remove the access grommet in the back of the rear drums and slacken off the ratchet adjuster. You'll need to readjust correctly afterwards.
HI Ed
the issue i have is i had to take the battery out, then the battery bay out, the fuse box and all the wiring just to get to the transmission oil filler cap, its going on a flat bed to the garage to look at the3 gearbox issue or hopefully breather pipe.

Picture before i took the battery floor out

what ever happens and as long as it cost more than £2000 its going to we buy any care as they have offed me £4800 and i am done with it.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
7,466 Posts
Wow....... this looks like doing an operation on the bowels but going in via brain !
When my mechanic accessed the ATF filler cap on my 2012 Captiva (now sold) he did so with the vehicle up on lifter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow....... this looks like doing an operation on the bowels but going in via brain !
When my mechanic accessed the ATF filler cap on my 2012 Captiva (now sold) he did so with the vehicle up on lifter.
lol my arms are not double jointed 😀

·
Super Moderator
7,466 Posts
I hope that when I have my knee joint replaced that the Surgeon isnt your Brother ! :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts