Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my epica in August from Pentagon in Sheffield, and despite a few minor problems am satisfied with my car. Pentagon have been very good in dealing with my comments, so Thanks Dean, Andy and very Kind Moira on reception. Now done 4300 miles in 9 weeks, about double what i would normally done in this time, fuel consumption never below 40mpg and best was just short of 45mpg, so not bad considering weight of car and all the stuff i've been carrying around for weeks, but having a couple of weeks with little driving. Large roomy solid on the road, very stable at motorway speeds. Previous car was Mgzt so there is some comparison to make, (same size/weight)not quite as good in the corners, but diesel instead of petrol so different driving style required anyway. What is nice is the fuel consumption.... never getting more than 30 on the zt. Other really nice thing is cruise control even though it's manual helping to keep within speed limits and save money in more ways than one.
just had intermediate oil change and put castol edge.

I would recommend an Epica to anyone wanting a large safe solid car, not perfect but excellent value for money.

Happy motoring. P.S. also got aveo 1.4lt 6 months old from carsupermarket low miles for £6399 for an old friend who is also delighted.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bidderman, you can read my reviews on the honest john website owners reviews, go to reviews, manufacturer, chevrolet then scroll down to epica, that is the history of my car. if you buy one be aware of the stuff on the forum, but overall it has been good budget motoring. strangely enough i am waiting for my taxi driver neighbour to buy mine, but he is waiting till his car needs re-testing.Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, there doesn't seem to be a lot of negative stuff around for them

A link to the reviews would be great, at work a lot, and using an iPhone, so a link to click would save a lot of aggro tbh, lol

So recommended then? Have started a thread trying to get some background on them

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
major services (all of them for me) £100+vat+ parts + oil, dealer happy to let me supply parts and oil. cawdor cars here (network Q) about £20 less. original parts reasonably priced except for the pollen filter, which you can get online cheaper. Mine has only ever had all original parts and original pads and discs, see my post main dealer servicing again (general message area). A bit cheaper than the rover, (i did used to work for them) but a lot more reliable). Would i recommend one, yes without hesitation, but as mine will be 3 in a couple of months i have started the search for a replacement. if mine sells privately the new keeper can get a 2yr warranty as per original from chevrolet for £650..
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the input, very interesting stuff, think I will probably get one if I can get a good price on one, one in Leeds I'm intereted in at moment

Boot big enough for taxi work you think?

Also, I have see LS models with options I thought were only available on LT models, or do the sellers have their descriptions wrong?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also suggest you allow for a cambelt change, about£400 just in case. budget in a clutch and flywheel change too £1200and don't forget if either of the above pops it will destroy the engine. see captiva forum for snapped cam belt issue. there is also a dual mass flywheel failure on the epica too, so be careful what you buy! Good luck. have now decided to find my next car as my neighbour has said no today!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cambelt interval in the handbook says 100,000 miles OR 40,000 in adverse conditions. mine getting done next service like so many others, The adverse conditions is a nice getout for chevrolet. some one posted in the forum about the dual mass flywheel letting go, taking the starter with it and the gearbox casing too, so any rattling sounds from clutch be careful. admittedly a rare occurance but an expensive one. My car is now at the point where I have to decide ifI pay for the extra warranty for the next year or just wait and get my new(er) car. because of the low price i paid if it does last me another year it won't really matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts