Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help please I have a (2013 trax lt) and a 128 code keeps bleeping content, took it to local halfords garage and they said it's the bonnet open code, which on checking the bonnet is completely shut. Help please

·
Super Moderator
6,520 Posts
Hi can anyone help please I have a (2013 trax lt) and a 128 code keeps bleeping content, took it to local halfords garage and they said it's the bonnet open code, which on checking the bonnet is completely shut. Help please

Clayton,

There is confusion on this. Is it simply 128 or P0128. The latter is the code for error on the coolant thermostat.

If we simply respond on your question then the next obvious first thing to do is look for a lose connection, broken wire or corrosion to the connectors to the bonnet sensor switch.

You appear not to have completed your 'Location' in your Sign-up (which you've left blank) although mention of Halfords indicates to those who know that you are UK. This is a Worldwide Forum. It helps also to give full vehicle info in your Footer. Helpful guidance for new Forum users can be found on this link :-

https://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/11-main-message-centre/6693-helpful-suggestions-using-forum.html

·
Registered
240 Posts
The code 128 is not an error code or part of an error code. It has been generated by the vehicle DIC [driver information centre] and is displayed on the dash screen. The code is advice that the bonnet is open or not fully closed.
From the details to hand it looks like a switch or wiring fault.
All information concerning DIC codes is contained in the vehicle's User Manual. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
6,520 Posts
Hi Jasta, Thanks for clarification - I've found it now in my data base copy of Trax manual - Page 99
Seems to be a case of Clayton going to Halfords Auto Centre for diagnosis when it was in his Owners Handbook all along !
As you say switch or wiring fault or corroded connection.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Ed. The probable cause is that the switch position needs to be adjusted. With the bonnet [Hood] open and the engine running code 128 should be displayed on the dash screen. Full operation of the bonnet [Hood] micro switch should remove code 128. Lets see what the OP can advise?

·
Super Moderator
6,520 Posts
Jasta, I'm not sure whether the Trax has a 'push' sensor or a 'proximity' sensor. I'm wondering whether Clayton may have adjusted the rubber buffers (used to buffer the bonnet) out too much in which case the sensor may not be near enough.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ed I believe on this age of Trax that the switch for the bonnet [Hood] warning sensor is part of the bonnet locking mechanism. If an electrical cable and connector are present at the latch/lock position that is it's location. It's possible that being located at the front of the vehicle it has suffered from weathering but should respond to cleaning. Let see what Clayton74 makes of things.

·
Super Moderator
6,520 Posts
Thank you all for the advice, I will clean and check wiring

What was the outcome? Did cleaning and checking connections solve the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi yes not at first ! Mechanism cleaned up like new, then still bleeped 128 code but without stopping. Took apart again and there were lines on each side to line up straight, bolted back on and now works like new.. happy days

·
Super Moderator
6,520 Posts
Hi yes not at first ! Mechanism cleaned up like new, then still bleeped 128 code but without stopping. Took apart again and there were lines on each side to line up straight, bolted back on and now works like new.. happy days
Clayton, That is Good News.
Can I just mention that the overall success of Forums like this is based upon sharing information and solutions hence Feedback is probably the most important aspect.
Finding a 'fix' and keeping it to yourself is unhelpful to other users. Please bear this in mind that this is a 'Sharing Forum', additionally the Forum Index Search facility has something like 10 years worth of posts on virtually every topic imaginable so posting the solution/fix becomes part of that back indexing for others to draw upon in future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts