Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New to this forum and I've just picked up an ex-demo diesel Orlando LTZ 163( Sat Nav)61 plate with 1000 miles on the clock.
Got itfrom Greenhous in Newcastle Under Lyme - brilliant service, with a clean swift tranasaction and handover - great salesman bloke I dealt with there too - so much better than the BMW dealership/staff I'm still having problems with, from my last car!!!

I really like the orlando, however there's 2 things puzzling me...

1. The dash displays a code 82 warning when I start up - pressing the menu button gets rid of it - but surely itshouldn't need an oil change already?

2 The manual suggests it has a DAB radio, though I don't seem to be able to find the menu in the infotainment centre - Am i missing something? I'm assuming the radio is the top of the range one as it's got the sat nav?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Follow the instructions to reset the oil service light, switch ignition on do not start vehicle, press throttle pedal 3 times within 10 seconds releasing fully each time, switch ignition off, job done, the other point if it is the oil change warning light is has the car only been used for short demo trips, CHECK THE OIL LEVEL NOW, (if fact check it before doing the reset) and if the vehicle has not done a successful regeneration) straight back to the dealer, but PLEASE PLEASE call them to ask. I am sure they will assist as they are the selling dealer, and I hope that the regeneration requirements of the dpf system were fully explained to you before you took delivery! For the radio, ask them too, but the oil light is far more urgent to get sorted, And don't forget to give the car agood blast weekly to make sure it regenerates.
Happy motoring

·
Registered
380 Posts
To add to my earlier post, make sure you read the handbook and are clear about the servicing requirements, even if you paid for 3 years servicing, make sure there is an ANNUAL oil and filter change and the inspection is done for the bodywork/paintwork warranty (and get it stamped). Check the condition of the exterior trim as Chevrolet do cover trim items after 1 year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thanks all for your responses.

Code 82 - Followed the instructions as advised by oldroverboy and the message disappeared immediately. There's no warning lights, oil or otherwise now. happy!

would it be a good precation to get the oil changed at say 6000 miles, do you thjink?

I'm going to give the dealer a call tomorrow.

DAB - I can live without this(I'll have to anyway!)

DPF - i'm on the motorway a fair bit, so I'm hoping that this should sort itself out automatically, without too much forced intervention from me - or am I being naive there!

Thanks again, reallyenjoying the car now!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re DPF, I'm finding this a total (and expensive) pain in the neck. Most of my running is local & I find I'm having to give the car this (not so quick) blast about every 300 miles. To add insult to injury I had a run to Gloucester & back last week, a 700 mile round trip. I sit at 65 on the motorway, but even at that the light came on and I had to clear the filter. Doesn't half increase the fuel bills. I reckon I'll be buying a petrol car again next time. Who on earth invented this system? Bet he got paid for it too!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am saddened to hear of your problems, Were you advised that your car required a certain driving cycle before you bought it? For the reply to the oil change question, get it done asap! try national tyres they will do an oil change only, no filter if you ask and it will be cheaper than the advertised price, I ALWAYS find them helpful, The approx 300 miile cycle is about right for local running, I have today done 600 miles in 2 days at VERY high speeds, and am not worried about regeneration, perhaps I smelt the cycle starting today, but perhaps not. I would always say if in doubt GO AND SEE YOUR DEALER and get an explanation about why you were not told about the regeneration issues, For some months Chevrolet have been saying that dealers MUST issue a documents asking if " DIESEL IS RIGHT FOR YOU" I have seen this document.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts