Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a 2005 Chevrolet Lacetti Sport and recently I noticed my exhaust started to rattle. I took the car to a couple of local garages and was told that the back box had snapped and needed replacing.

Each garage I went to rung their suppliers and come back saying that they can only get an original part which is £325+VAT
Does anyone know anywhere I could get a cheaper back box for the Lacetti or maybe even an alternative exhaust system I could get?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jay

·
Registered
214 Posts
hi try custom exhaust places, like powerflow or longlife. i worked for powerflow and most of the custom back boxes were between 150 and 175 quid fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I'm not that good with cars & I was wondering if I have to get a specific back box to fit the lacetti or will they modify the back box to fit the car?

Cheers

·
Registered
214 Posts
they will make one from scratch ,just tell them if you want it as quiet as possible or if you want a bit of noise . you can choose what tailpipe you want aswell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too may soon need some exhaust parts fitted. Please can you tell me what to look for if I'm going to buy it second hand?

Is there a part number, or something specific I can ask for, or do I just search for Chevrolet Lacetti back box?

One garage told me the baffles have gone, so what do I look for to get that fixed reasonably?

Hope you can advise?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
if your buying 2nd hand , shake th silencer and if you hear rattling or a noise like there is sand inside then it will be no good. if the baffles have gone in your exhaust give the silencers a bang with your hand (not when its hot though ), you will hear the sounds i have described . also you can get a hollow sound when you bang them if the baffles have gone .just search for lacetti centre section (for the middle bit) and back box or rear silencer for the back. you can not fix the baffles you need to replace the part thats gone. most cars have 3 or 4 sections to the exhaust .the lacetti has 4 not including the manifold which is attached to the engine, 1st is the catalytic converter ,2nd front pipe ,3rd centre section and 4th back box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
looking for certain cheap parts for cars like this exhaust takes time especially if you want to save a lot. An effort and time is a must to be delivered to find the perfect part. Well, there is a universe of exhaust dealer out there you can buy out or ask some friends for help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi i am the parts manager in Redditch for Vauxhall / Chevrolet if you email me your chassis numbers to [email protected], i can offer you a deal on genuine parts

Give me a try

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I were you I'd try a fastfit centre in your area. Kwik Fit and ATs for a start. plus pop down to your local tyre and exhaust fitter for a price too. DONT PAY CHEVROLET/GM PRICES!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts