Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not had any of the mentioned restrictions you have mentioned with this version i have and its now over a year since i fitted it. I wouldn't really have bothered with the DAB but the reception on FM where i live is absolute crap. Had the same poor reception with my Fiat motorhome so fitted DEH-X7800DAB in that. The DAB isn't brilliant with either of them where i live but a lot better than the FM signal. If i have one gripe with the Android one is that the controls are hard to see and you need to be stopped to make any alterations to it

·
Registered
Matiz SE 998cc 2006
6 Posts
im trying to fit an aftermarket radio in my matiz bot the old unit is screwed into some brackets and these brackets wont fit my new head unit. in the past i have used the cage thats supplied with the radio.does anyone of a way of mounting an after market radio?
HI, I managed to adapt a Halfords plate meant for a Corsa

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've done it - replaced the stock stereo with a Pioneer MVH-S420BT - Bluetooth only (the CD version no longer available as I decide to purchase!)...

Also upgraded rear speakers for some Pioneers to match the front (but in 4"x6" form matching the stock sizing).

Biggest issue with the radio is "adapting" the adaptors (bashing the dimples out!) - and similar the speakers, despite an "adaptor" in box could not get to work with 4 original fixing points, so left it at two...

Videos coming very soon on the fitting, but it was pretty much a doddle even for this "non-DIYer"! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally - a video of my replacement stereo:

·
Registered
58 Posts
nice vid well presented. The radio that I was trying to fit is no longer required as the vehicle got rear ended at a roundabout and subsequently written off by insurance.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
nice vid well presented. The radio that I was trying to fit is no longer required as the vehicle got rear ended at a roundabout and subsequently written off by insurance.
Mark, Concerned to hear about your Matiz being written off. Are you okay - any whiplash injury, and was this very recent?
Have you or planning to acquire another Matiz / Chevrolet? We'd like you to continue contributing your knowledge to the Forum even if you dont go the Chevrolet route on your next wheels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ed you don't get rid of me that easy..... No injury, was a very gentle bump, hence surprise at getting written off. It was the manual one that has gone. Still got the automatic (well its parents car really I am just chauffer) Its looked after well, and low mileage, so not many jobs need doing (which i shouldn't complain about). Where as the manual got a lot more punishment so needed more attention.

Did get a replacement, not a matiz as they are coming to the end of their 10 year spares commitment (after final production) which will make maintenance more challenging. Decided not to look at any European cars as brexit will make any spares very expensive. Finally opted for Hyundai i10 SE (2014) - Their forum is no where near as good as this one. Hopefully a sign that it has less problems (well you can always hope).

Suppose time will tell....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts