Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One ofmy gapson the front wing next to the headlights has opened up slightly. I have seen the plasticjoining clamps when taking the headlights in and out but not taken that much notice, so my question isto those of you out there that have taken the panels off and on for tow bars and the like, before I take the headlight out again am I likely to need a new clamp before I start the jobor is there any adjustment on the clampto pull the too sides of the join closer together,thanks Alan.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Big Al,
I'm a wee bit confused, are you talking about the snap fit rail type afair that holds the margin of the bumper to the wing or something else. I've had both bumpers off of mine to fit my LTZ bits at the front and to investigate my gammy parking sensor at the rear, but I'm not sure what you mean by plastic joining clamps. I've had my headlamps out a few times too and they always go back in flush. Pic perhaps?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for being vague and if I knew how to put pictures on I would so I will have another go at describing, when you remove a headlight to the side there is a join between the front bumper and wing. It is that short joint that is opening a bit,there is some white plastic holding it together is that what you are referring to as the snap connectors, if so do they look like they can be replaced as mine are letting the joint open up slightly. If this still sounds a bit vague what about lessons in down loading a photo.

·
Registered
997 Posts
No,I understand. The white plastic strip can be replaced. When you take the bumper off, the sides simply snap out of the strip and then snap back in when replaced and are held in place by a screw that goes through the bumper at about 2 o'clock (if looking at the drivers side) or 10 o'clock (on the passenger side) and ito this strip. I would check and see if the screw is missing. it might be the bumper can just be persuaded back into the strip with a bit of pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts