Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can sign up for the Fixed Price Servicing offer from Chevrolet, when the car is not 'new'?

I've looked at the T's and C's on the Chevy website, and I can't see anything which says its for 'new' cars only. I've email Chevy Customer-Services to ask the question, so I'll let everyone know when I get an answer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard from Customer Services, and you can register a car against the scheme anytime up to 6 months after first registration.

Therefore, I've got 8 days to register mine!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes, you can, I did when the car was 9 months old. However......

I was recently involved in a very serious fatal accident in my Aveo, the car was taken by police for forensics and will not be coming back to me. I had had one service, and asked Chevrolet if I could either have a partial refund or put it on to A REPLACEMENT CHEVROLET. They said no, tough, if you've used even one service you cannot. So be warned.

I've put the text of my email and Chevrolet's reply below, but removed my registration number. I'd like you all to understand what "customer care" means at Chevrolet.

Shame really, the car was great, as was the local dealer!

I used to think Peugeot customer service was bad......hm...not so sure now.

Dear Mr Strong,
<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Thank you for your e-mail,<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Unfortunately the service package is none refundable if any services have<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">previously been claimed.<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Kind Regards<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Danielle Martin<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Please note that in responding to your request for assistance we will<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">store your personal data and respective correspondence using our central<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">customer care database<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">This email has been sent from Chevrolet (United Kingdom) Limited.<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Registered in England 4533384<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Registered Office: Griffin House, Osborne Road, Luton, Beds, LU1 3YT<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">VAT Number 803 9697 02<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Chevrolet (United Kingdom) Limited is a member of the Society of Motor<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Manufacturers and Traders<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Disclaimer:<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">IMPORTANT: The information contained in this message and any attachment<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">then you should delete it immediately along with any attachment and inform<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">the sender. You may not copy this message or any attachment or transmit it<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">to any other person.<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">"[email protected]" <[email protected]><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">15/03/2013 19:00<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">To<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">[email protected]<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">cc<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Subject<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">webformsRequest<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">country.code: GB<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">language.code: en<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">source: contact<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">type: question<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;"><br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">comment: My Aveo 1.2 S (~~~~~~~) was recently involved in a serious fatal<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">accident. It has been taken away by the police and is likely to be written<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">off. It had done 17,000 miles and had been serviced once under the paid in<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">advance £346 arrangement. Assuming I never get it back (which is likely),<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">can I claim back the unused part of the deal or get a credit to use when I<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">replace the car, which will likely be another Aveo?<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Many thanks<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">Joseph Strong<br style="font-family: monospace, 'Courier New'; line-height: 18px;">

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
A sorry tale of woe. This type of response is what is going to 'kill' Chevrolets reputation. In my opinion this has ended up on the desk of a 'jobs worth' who has no understanding of how to build or maintain customer relationships and is reading you the official line. Ms Danielle obviously has no idea how hard it is to sell a car in a very competitive market. £200 worth of flexibility on your money they already have would have secured them a new car sale - now who knows maybe you'll go somewhere else. Write again with a personal letter (not email) to the Customer Services Director requesting reconsideration.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My experiences of main dealers workshops would drive me away faster than a fast thing on St Fast's day, then again, it was a Citroen....

an oil change at 1500 miles cost me £180

after that it was serviced by a very good truck workshop and Citroen had it for warranty work, of which there was plenty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts