Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this post as a totally dismayed Chevrolet owner.

A year ago after my warranty ended some of you may remember
the post I wrote regarding Pentagon the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Barnsley</st1:place>
the Chevrolet dealer offering to service my car annually for the next three
years for the sum of just over fifteen pounds a month.

This week it was time for the first of its three annual
services. Being sure I was wasting my
time the old cynical engineer in me raised its head. I filled the cross heads on the Phillip
screws with a small amount of blue tack to see if a screw driver had been
placed in the heads to remove the filter covers I picked the car up all smiles every
thing done sir and the Chevrolet service book filled in and signed, service
done to Chevrolet guide lines. Upon getting the car home feeling sure the main
dealer will have done the job correctly I still checked the screw heads low and
behold blue tack in place no screw driver had been any where near those filter
removal screws. To make doubly sure I removed
the filter cover and yes low and behold one dirty filter including an array of
dead fly's I immediately went back to confront pentagon of clay cliff Barnsley only
to receive what could be called nonsensical waffle. This post is just the beginning of where
every possible I can take action against pentagon of Barnsley south Yorkshire,
also I now have the job of booking the car in for a complete re serviced to a reliable
friendly and honest local garage it has to be a complete service because I cannot
be sure my main dealer cowboys although I know they changed to oil but what
budget oil is it, and like the other filters was the oil filter replaced. I hope
all Chevrolet owners take notice of this post and broadcast to give pentagon the
fraudulent thieving main dealer a very wide berth with your hard earned money. Any
help in the action will be appreciated

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
652 Posts
You need to take this up with Trading Standards and Cheverolet UK (cc'ing GM).

This is really unacceptable.... What a bunch of crooks...

·
Registered
997 Posts
You must have got them on a day when the usual staff were all off...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had no reply in writing yet, but did get a phone call from the manager of Pentagon Barnsley last Friday. Apparently my car was serviced correctly!!! and in there opinion the change of oil the car got was all that was required in an annual service for a captiva car. Putting aside the fact they had stamped and signed the chevrolet service book for its forth annual service, which set out what chevrolet required for its forth service. To make amends they where willing to take the car back and fit the filters, too little too late I have lost faith in Pentagon and anyway because when I went back to the garage to complain they where not willing to address the problem I had no alternative but to get the car re-serviced elsewhere. The only solution I require now is all monies payed to this inadequate service plan refunded to me, or I will be more than willing to battle on with the resources at my disposal. I am awaiting a formal reply.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They must be following my posts. Had an amicable phone call from the Pentagon manager Barnsley, he is sanctioning a cheque for the reimbursement of the service scheme money I payed out. At least I have some kind of closure, all I can say is any work claimed to be done at a garage should be checked in some way or otherwise you are open to exploitation.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems about your car, Pentagon must have a death wish. If you care to read my posting about when I bought my car from pentagon (sheffield} no pdi done, oil leaks, air con u/s 4 tyres at 25psi and drivers mirror broken as well as the mirror switch. (you have guessed it , it was previously serviced at barnsley! Happily FRF in swansea have been excellent at fixing the problems under warranty. Chevrolet accept that my car is serviced by a vauxhall dealer here in carmarthen under network q rules, and I am satisfied with the service here. By the way I was also refunded for the missed oil change!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts