Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this post as a totally dismayed Chevrolet owner.

A year ago after my warranty ended some of you may remember
the post I wrote regarding Pentagon the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Barnsley</st1:place>
the Chevrolet dealer offering to service my car annually for the next three
years for the sum of just over fifteen pounds a month.

This week it was time for the first of its three annual
services. Being sure I was wasting my
time the old cynical engineer in me raised its head. I filled the cross heads on the Phillip
screws with a small amount of blue tack to see if a screw driver had been
placed in the heads to remove the filter covers I picked the car up all smiles every
thing done sir and the Chevrolet service book filled in and signed, service
done to Chevrolet guide lines. Upon getting the car home feeling sure the main
dealer will have done the job correctly I still checked the screw heads low and
behold blue tack in place no screw driver had been any where near those filter
removal screws. To make doubly sure I removed
the filter cover and yes low and behold one dirty filter including an array of
dead fly's I immediately went back to confront pentagon of clay cliff Barnsley only to receive what could be called nonsensical
waffle. This post is just the beginning
of where every possible I can take action against pentagon of Barnsley south Yorkshire, also I now have the
job of booking the car in for a complete re serviced to a reliable friendly and
honest local garage it has to be a complete service because I cannot be sure my
main dealer cowboys although I know they changed theoil but whatbudget oil is
it, and like the other filters was the oil filter replaced. I hope
all Chevrolet owners take notice of this post and broadcast to give pentagon the
fraudulent thieving main dealer a very wide berth with your hard earned money. Any
help in the action will be appreciated

·
Registered
652 Posts
Said the same thing on the "General" forum...

Would also drop a line to Watchdog, and if your local rag has a consumer section, write to them...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Drives me mental when i hear these stories. I spend a lot of my time working hard with forum members helping where i can trying to promote the fact that not all main dealers are the same and i try to get it right 100% of the time, not that i do we are all guilty of making mistakes we are only human but i always try and put mine right as best i can.
I cant believe that a dealer would believe they would get away with such blatant fraud.

Big Alif you want drop me an email to [email protected] with your chassis number and what filters you require and i'll sort you out.

cheers Baz

·
Registered
997 Posts
.. and all this is why I bought a kit offiltersfrom Barry at Cresser and bought the oil myself- service is due in March and will be carrier out by the most trustworthy mechanic I know (who unfortunately is not all that skilled) ME!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone, already opened a case with trading standards, and the first thing I am going to do is compose some letters over the weekend asking for specific answers for there actionsor lack of actions and absurd excuses for there fraudulent behavior these letters are going to Pentagon Barnsley and pentagon head office so they are in the know. Also the car is booked in for another service at the local MOT station to see what that turns up, they know the score and havedone work for me before. Thanks Baz for the offer with the parts but the garage said they will do the parts at cost because of the circumstances. And yes I am going to give watchdog a try.

·
Registered
997 Posts
A letter to the problem page in What Car might not hurt either...

·
Registered
214 Posts
A letter to their head office would probably only serve to confirm to them what they've instructed their garages to do - charge as much as you can for the least amount of parts ond labour.

Cynical maybe but I'm afraid this is commonplace especially in the bigger dealerships/chains. I'd say 80%plus of customers never even check that the work they've paid for has been done. Indeed I reckon that filters aren't even changed 'cos they can't be seen, the oil will be as it's one of the few things that can be seen.

A local independent with a good reputation is the only garage I would trust. Sad but true.

Edited by: minghis

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
minghis, Letters are going to Trevor Reeve managing director,there complaints department and the manager of pentagon Barnsley. and as you say I can see the oil has been changed but what with CRISP AND DRY COOKING OIL, and if they have not changed the filters which you can easily check, what about the oil filter? Also as a double bonus to them what about all the repeat repair work there after from badly serviced motors!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Big Al where you thinking of taking your car for its service because Barnsley is my local dealership as well and if there gonna play tricks like that i'll be going nowhere near. I've only had mine three weeks so its not due a service for a while but its been there twice under warranty already, knocking noise underneath but sorted on second visit. Out of interest have you tried Pentagon at Saville St Sheffield

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to saville street for the tailgate spraying under warranty, If I need a Chevrolet dealer in future I will use perry's either barnsley or rotherham

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If its maintenance or servicing its OK at barnsley its all set up because they do the antara there, but it may have to be rotherham for warranty work just check with them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had no reply in writing yet, but did get a phone call from the manager of Pentagon Barnsley last Friday. Apparently my car was serviced correctly!!! and in there opinion the change of oil the car got was all that was required in an annualservice for a captiva car. Putting aside the fact they had stamped and signed the chevrolet service book for its forth annual service, which set out what chevrolet required for its forth service. To make amends they where willing to take the car back and fit the filters, too little too late I have lost faith in Pentagon and anyway because when I went back to the garage to complain they where not willing to address the problem I had no alternative but to get the car re-serviced elsewhere. The only solution I require nowis all monies payed to this inadequate service plan refunded to me, or I will be more than willing to battle on with the resources at my disposal. I am awaiting a formal reply.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They must be following my posts. Had an amicable phone call from the Pentagon manager Barnsley, he is sanctioning a cheque for the reimbursement of the service scheme money I payed out. At least I have some kind of closure, all I can say is any work claimed to be done at a garage should be checked in some way or otherwise you are open to exploitation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts