Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. As the heading say's Friday-13th well after the trip for the shopping to town and collecting the sister in laws kids from school we were traveling the small journey home when turning into a side street and bang!!!!!!! the kid(16) i'd seen on the pavement did not stop at the kerb thus RUNNING his mountain bike handle bar end into my rear passanger door
well as you can imagine i was gutted 2011 plate with 1000 miles now damaged

lesson avoid going out on friday the 13th if poss, and dont think that after you have completed a turn into a side street the sixteen year old wont still cycle off the kerb???

Gutted beyond belief.

Next question i need help with is the paint code for THUNDER GRAY-2011 as my spray tech guy say's it could be a nightmare colour yes it just looks like a normal gray but it includes a speckle when the sun shines.

Any help with this would be VERY HELPFULL guys

Spider

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know how you feel, parked my Thunder Grey Captiva in manchester 3 days old 80 miles on the clock and some lowlife had smashed 3 windows and damaged 3 body panels. Had to do it through the insurance but the color match was perfect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chindley I am the same there's nothing worse i felt sick,Im at the point where I'm not sure if the parents are going to pay for it
so thats making it worse,The spray guy i spoke with today explained he had done a ford last week with a similar colour and it was a nightmare,fingers crossed we can get the code and fix it.My local chevrolet dealer don't do paint repairs. I'll need to try Chester.

Spider

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Spider,
Hope this helps!

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

</v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas>

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shape> 1.
P/O
Number

Check
Digit

Drive

Body
Type

Production
Month

Production
Date

Sequential
Number

Trunk
Lid

Exterior
Color

10. Export Country

11. Car Type

·
Registered
153 Posts
Spider41 take the boy to court, he is legally responsible for the damage he has done. It may teach him a lesson if he can be found guilty. I hope that you have contacted the police,your familiy must be suffering due to this. Afterall they would witness the collision and it might have ended up with the idiot going under your vehicle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have done EVO police contacted to cover my backside more than anything we all know the chancer's out there and i was not being accused of leaving the scene,my mrs was sat right next to me so i should be ok for proof if it comes to the later court visit etc,etc.

The bit that winds me up is i was round the corner and completed my turn,after i got out he said It was my fault,after a few choice words and asking him to explain if it was my fault how did he damage my rear door,this making me well and trully past the kerb edge,at this point the youngster changed his tune and done the teenage shrug of the shoulders thing (that winds me up). If that had been me as a kid my old man would have went nutts then made me repay for the damage.

Spider.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Ian you are the man who can,ill go and check it now and call chevrolet on Monday.

Thanks Ian

Spider

·
Registered
30 Posts
sounds like a nightmare- hope you get it sorted OK.

I've just self inflicted some damage on mine- rear bumper. Believe it or not, I managed to reverse into a bollard at supermarket while the parking sensors were beeping away at me. My mind was elsewhere daydreaming and totally ignored the beeping. What a complete tube ! Minor dent and paint damage on the bumper. GotA quote to fix- cant sort the dent as it's plastic and would need filled, etc.. but the minor paint damage can be fixed. Most expensive loaf of bread I've purchased.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been there and nearly done that while the Mrs popped into Argoooooose,I just had this feeling to stop and check as mine never had the sensors LS mod but ye i know how you feel it was a close shave that Mrs Spider did not need to know about,He,Heor i would never have heard the end of IT

·
Registered
997 Posts
Happy to help spider!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE Chq in the bank from parents,Spiders pride and joy off to chevrolet on wed for a bit of rest and repaint.

Spider

1 - 11 of 11 Posts