Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my dad and I are at a loss.
We own a Chevrolet Captiva 58 plate Desiel and the front and rear washers are not working, the fuse is all okayy and the headlight washers are working just fine, the wipers also work just fine, it's just the washers giving us greif does anyone have any ideas?
(Sorry if we sound stupid this is the newest car we've owned we normally have old cars 馃槄)

Super Moderator
There are normally two washer pumps. Check if both are working (listen for pumps working). Possible causes include corroded electrical connection, blown connection on water feed pipework (check for water under the vehicle after activating), failed diaphragm, plus other possibilities.
Lots more reading in the existing discussions available via the Back Index under numerous different Topic titles.
You can explore using the search function. I've typed in 'Failed screen washer' which provides the following listings :- Search results for query: failed screen washer

Helpful Tips on using the Forum functions can be read here : -

Good Luck in finding cause & solution.

Reactions: SkittleCat96

Registered
I believe that there is single pump for both front and rear wipers, don't know for sure.
check the fuse box in the engine bay, there are relays for the washers there.

Reactions: SkittleCat96

Super Moderator
DMX, You could be correct on the Series 1 with only one pump. Possibly the Series 2 has two pumps (I have 'two' in my mind from somewhere).
Rear washer not providing water can sometimes be a 'blown' connector in the roof line water feed or the body shell side trim to the rear window. If the connector 'parts' the water can end up in the boot void and sometimes damages the electrics in the tailgate. Only start pulling the trim panelling off if all other possibilities have been exhausted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts