Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the heading suggests, just picked up a new front badge which includes self adhesive sticker.

(god only knows what happened to it......it "fell off" while parked in a street)

Anyone replaced a front badge?

There is a silver foil lining left on from the previous one and I dont know if i should remove this or place on top...?

Thanks..

Edited by: adama67

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not sure. I havent replaced mine and it is still stuck fast. However, I did get it replaced before I picked up the car as there was obvious water ingress into the badge somehow, which made the badge lose colour and look terrible. Why I say water, is that you could see a sort of water level, like in a spirit level.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Changed badge myself. Heated up the old one this made the glue loose some of its grip. Once removed cleaned up front of car and stuck new one on. Unforunately after one year, replacement badge has started to bubble due to water ingress. Got another under warranty and will now repeat the process!

·
Registered
68 Posts
adama67 said:
thought it was a new beastie boys craze..!
Remember that one well - I was on a work-experience placement in the workshop at a VW dealership. The parts dept did a roaring trade in replacement badges for annoyed owners...

K.L.Richards said:
there was obvious water ingress into the badge
somehow, which made the badge lose colour and look terrible. Why I say
water, is that you could see a sort of water level, like in a spirit
level.
Yeah, the water gets in and then seems to collect in the hollow behind the top-centre of the badge.

Replaced mine back in February - I'll be interested to see how well it lasts.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine was replaced last year by the dealer, just before the warranty ran out, still looking good so far!

·
Registered
153 Posts
K.L, My dealer is over 50 miles ,therefore to take it to them to see the problem is 100 miles, andto get it fixedis another 100. By sending an image via e-mail they can send me a replacement through the post, this is free. Being Scottish this save me 200+ miles of diesel which at £6.26 per gl, therefor this saves me about 5 gls or £31.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, my Captiva Badge ejected itself last week.
I looked at it at the weekend when I was washing the car 'cos the badge seemed "bubbly" underneath. Seemed to be water under. I could not see what to do so left it. 2 days later driving along about 60mph something flashed up and over the car. I stopped when safe and checked - the badge had gone, just the silver foil left. I retraced and looked around where the badge flew off but nothing.
Does Chevrolet accept any liability for this? My car is just over 1 month OUT of Warranty! (did it know?).

·
Registered
997 Posts
Chevrolet accept responsibility for nothing 1 minute after the warranty expires!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts