Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for a little help, I have a 2012 spark +. I am trying to replace the front left caliper I have bought 2 from different dealers. When they arrive the mechanic tells me they are the wrong ones.

I do give my reg when buying the parts could anyone help or point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Sean

·
Registered
385 Posts
Best advice here would to be to have the mechanic fitting the part order it, to avoid any confusion, especially if it has gone wrong twice already.

Reactions: Seany1971

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
Suggestion by member Metro is a good idea. The Spark was of course originally the Matiz. The year you state it should be M300 variant.
However, note that in 2011 the build of this shifted from Daewoo to Chevrolet. It may well be that although it is registered as 2012, the vehicle was very probably built in 2011 or even earlier. The use of VIN is often a better reference than the registered year because vehicle stock is often stored for some while before sale. The VIN will also tell you which 'build' you have.

You mention only replacing the nearside front calliper. Front callipers are often recommended to be replaced as pairs as lopsided 'pull' can occur mixing old & new.

Seanny, as a new Forum member the following link will be useful in understanding the Forum and provide guidance on completing your Sign-Up & vehicle details.
In the absence of completing your World location the Forum system believes you to be UK located (?). Vehicle details can be placed in lefthand data pane or Footer.
How to is explained here:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Reactions: Seany1971

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best advice here would to be to have the mechanic fitting the part order it, to avoid any confusion, especially if it has gone wrong twice already.
Hi, the mechanic did order once they sent the same one as I got, i have sourced correct part now from europe. But thank you anyway for taking the time to reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts