Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva, 2011-05, 2.2, 135 kw, AWD.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Captiva, 2011. All front lights working properly, except 1 issue. Don't work electronic regulation for both front lights (up and down ) from the inside on panel (0, 1, 2. 3). Same regulation tool for dashboard light level work properly. Where can be a problem? I didn't find a separate fuse for lights regulation? The car is from second hands, maybe it is lights without regulation function inside the lamp?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
LTU, Please clarify is your vehicle a 2011 Series 1 2.0L , or a 2011 Series 2 2.2 L (there was change over of models about then).
I'm unsure if there were differences in build but if you have the adjustment control fitted then I would have thought it should work.
There could be a defective control switch, lose wire / connector either at switch or possibly behind the lamp housing.
The only previous discussion I've located on the Forum (so far) is concerning Headlamp Adjustment and a post by Member Stravaigar dated 14/01/2015 and reference to the manual adjuster wheel behind the lamp housing.

You didnt complete your World Location in your Sign-Up. The Forum system is indicating possibly Lithuania ? You can complete / update this. (read below)

Useful information on using the Forum and completing helpful data can be read on this link :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva, 2011-05, 2.2, 135 kw, AWD.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So finally, I found the problem. As I was mentioned that car is not new, it was a human problem. I removed the front lights lamp and found the wire (white color) inside which is going from the switch to the electronic motor inside was cut, checked another site lamp, it was the same, cutting was done in the same place. I connected, these wires and level regulation is working well now. The problem was solved, but till now don't understand what could be the reason for cutting wire for both light level regulation?... Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
LTU, Well done for locating the problem / cause and also for posting the solution. Cutting the wires seems a strange thing to do and I cannot think of a logical reason :unsure: why the previous owner would have done this.
Have a Safe & Happy New Year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts