Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ltx went in for its 30,000 service today, and came back with 2 new front shockers. Done by the dealer under warranty, [hats off to pentagon of barnsley]. Has anybody else had bother with front shocks, just funny both where weeping.Also the garage had them in stock and did not have to order them, wonder if its a known weakness. Anybody coming to the end of warranty give your shocks a good look at, check for any signs of oil damp patches.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine too, due to have the replacements fitted next week as week as the boot door rust sorted, a parking sensor replaced, a look at a hesitating engine as as of this evening, non functioning remote locking. Hey ho!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Had my 3 year service (still 3 weeks warranty to go) the dealer informed me the front shock absorbers were leaking but the warranty on them was mileage limited to 33000 (mine has done 42000).Seems a bit unfair as it appears to be a common problem.

·
Registered
997 Posts
As far as I am aware, the mileage limit is 60K... I think you're being had- I'd contact Chevy customer service as a matter of course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shock absorbers help to control the movement of your vehicle's springs and suspension. They play an important role in your vehicle's ability to accelerate, travel and stop with safety and control by keeping your tyres in contact with the road at all times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts