Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
please can someone tell me if it is possible to buy the front chrome effect skid plate forthe captiva, as i dont have one on my LT model!!

thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would have thought so, it's only an add on to the standard non skid plate bumper. Likely to be expensive though. Have you tried a breakers?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a breakers...., i didnt think about that, as i thought the captiva was too new to be written off, and arn't most write offs, front end collisions!!!!....
but if anyone can find one for me , give me a shout.

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you can get the Front and Rear Skid plates as an accessory.
The part number should be D93744199 (Skid Plate front and rear) priced at £118 fitted.

I got this from a Chevrolet July 2009 accessory brochure, see below for the link.

http://www.tilehillvauxhall.co.uk/page_content/docs/35.pdf

Best contacting your local dealer and seeing if they can get the part.

Let me know as I was also thinking of doing this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info,

i will give the dealer a ring, and see what the score is!!

thanks again.

·
Registered
997 Posts
You would have thought, being a dealer and all, that they might be able to order it for you...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigiainw said:
You would have thought, being a dealer and all, that they might be able to order it for you...

when i said they dont have a skid plate, that was in answer to the post above, which was a guy on ebay breaking a captiva!

not from a dealer..

sorry for the missunderstanding.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ah... the penny drops...slowly!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dont worry about it...

its quite easy to miss things from earlier posts....

i have probably done it myself in the past!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
intimidator said:
dont worry about it...

its quite easy to miss things from earlier posts....

i have probably done it myself in the past!!!
I didn't miss it, I misunderstood it. Not sure whether that's better or worse.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Easy...

·
Registered
214 Posts
All, the part number is D
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 81pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=108>
<COLGROUP>
<COL style="WIDTH: 81pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3949" width=108>
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 11.25pt" height=15>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; : white; WIDTH: 81pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; BORDER-TOP: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid" =xl68 height=15 width=108>93744199</TD></TR></T></TABLE> Your Chevrolet Retailer can order them for you. Retail price is 82.11 plus Vat. Don`t worry about the fitting as anyone who has watched Blue Peter should be able to stick them on straight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you know someone who can read Korean, then you could take adavantage of this spare parts site;
http://www.smpart.co.kr/

Choose Winstorm from the left hand menu

Lots of great parts, and when i convert the currency i get very surprised.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is it me, am I missing something ?!!! I have an LTX the bumpers are the same as theLT,just the LTX has the skid plate part sprayed silver ??? [or am I wrong].

·
Registered
997 Posts
From looking at my LTX, I'm pretty sure that there is an overpanel, having said that the bumper of the chap's LS down the street has the same design, so with a bit of careful prep and masking, I'm pretty sure it could be recreated no hassle. Edited by: bigiainw

1 - 20 of 21 Posts