Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2010 Captiva LTX Auto in April this year you may remember last week I mentioned I had to have the oil filter etc renewed obviously not under warranty :( when they gave me the car back they said my front two tyres are down to the cord on the inner of the tyres I have done 2500 since I got the car is this my fault?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well if you don't mind me being direct the first thing I would say is that yes, it is very much your fault for letting them get that way!

It's not as if the tyres are hidden, do you never check them? Whenever you look at the car from the front you can see plenty of the front tyres, sidewalls and all so no excuses there....
However, whether it's your fault that the tyres have worn this way, may not necessarily be your fault as it sounds to me like you either have some serious alignment or tracking problems which you need to get sorted soon or the same will happen to the new tyres.

It may be worth having a word with the supplying dealer to see if they will investigate under warranty, if they're good they might do this for you but in reality it's the sort of thing that can happen really easily banging a kerb or similar so they'll probably say you'll have to pay for it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, I am having the Tracking and 2 new tyres done tomorrow every Road where I live have Humps I think a few people have said this is a big part of my Tracking going out of sync?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would sertiously doubt that, unless you drive like a moron all the time. What is known is that the tracking on the Captiva is very difficult to set accurately, and I would think that is more likely to be the issue than speedbumps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha No do not drive like a Moron more like a Sunday driver
Thanks for your input though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I took mine to a local chap who sets up fast road subarus etc and is recommended and he did a 4 wheel allignment, which cured this for me. Much more expensive than a standard tracking job, but he made some major adjustments 2 weeks after the dealer had told me that all was well. I fully recommend this approach.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I had 3 years from new on mine- I don't know if yours is different, but yes its fine as it goes. the difficulty with tyres is that they are a consumable and most garages will say it's your fault! Same with tracking, most garages don't allow warranty on tracking as the state of the roads means that it can be knocked out of true easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts