Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a brand new 1.8LT last week. Love it, the most stress free comfortable ride I've had since a Daewoo Leganza.

Only bug is the fuel consumption. Quoted figures are 31.7/54.3/42.8
After only a week ( I know not really long enough to judge) I've done about 220 miles split pretty evenly between typical town driving and a 50 mile there and back run at a steady 60mph. Trip meter is only showing 30.5, I'd have expected better.

Does anyone achieve anything like the quoted figures ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine has 6k, its a 1.6 and gives 40-42mpg, mostly short runs 10-15mls daily. Also run tyres on eco pressures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got 6500 miles on mine and i'm getting 35-37 in town and about 46-48 on a run down motorway mines is a 1.8 LTand i does get better with age

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had my 2.0 VCDIabour two weeks now, and i have to say that the fuel concumption is ok, on a run its ok but nt so great around town

·
Registered
380 Posts
my epica vcdi has so far since last august returned me an average 42mpg on mixed long distance and local driving. Has got slightly better now i've done 20000 miles (13000 since i bought it) a week is too soon to judge. the previous lacetti 1.6sw was giving around 40 long distance and 35 around town, so pleased with both. certainly give yours time to loosen up. and put fully synthetic in at the oil change too! Happy motoring!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My LS diesel only gets 42 to 47 to gallon on a motorway run.Might swap for petrol Vauxhall Insignia as I got 43 to gallon at 70 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts