Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have a Chevrolet Orlando auto 163 hp, I have been out for a day trip and set the fuel trip to zero.

Nice country road not fast some traffic and the gauge went up to 49 never got out of fifth. Got on to the motorway and speeded up a bit and into 6th, and the gauge started to drop down to about 35, I was only doing about 1200 revs and barely ticking over. Off the motorway again and into town and traffic and it started to climb slightly, ended the day at 38 and never got back into 6 gear again.

Not sure what all this means and I am sure the gauge is no way accurate but it will do me as a rough guide. I was hoping that nearly four thousand on the clock I might see better performance, no way did I ever rev it over 2,000 revs.

If I try it in the manual mode and change up the revs seem to go up, not that I can override the auto, but just occasionally I can click it up a gear for a short while.

Cannot quite work it out.

Martin

·
Registered
380 Posts
Martin, give it a chance to get run in. I have now done 13000 miles since last august, total about 20000 and economy is now about 41-42mpg averaged over all my driving. (has improved slightly)There is a 110,000 mile epica diesel for sale in luton, allegedly with only service items having been used over 3 years, now that engine must be nicely run in. i met a rep near where i live in wales, (own business) driven 20000 miles since he got it new from car supermarket (ron Skinners) and he is delighted, boot and rear seat full of supplies/samples, wife in passenger seatand lt trim, 17 inch wheels and getting close to 37mpg, that's a diesel auto by the way, so he's pretty happy, as it's a big car and he's not too light footed. Ps have not found any major problems with these diesel engines, long may it continue.
Happy motoring to all. Am out in the middle east (jordan)for a couple of weeks, lots of epicas, lacettis aveos and cruzes
and the usual branding confusion here, as well as lots of yank tanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts