Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I own a 57 plate 7 seat diesel Captiva LT,

Does anyone know what mileage I should roughly be getting? around town and on a long run,

It seems really heavy,

Thanks,

·
Registered
997 Posts
Is it auto or manual? The average for a manual, depending on driving style and types of journey is anywhere between 27-32 ish, autos around the 24-28 mark.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get around 400 - 420 miles on a full tank of diesel -mine is a 2010 7 seater LT manual

the most I have got on a long run is about 440ish which i think is around the 34mpg mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello all,
Thanks for your help on this,

It is a manual and I am getting about 370 ish to a full tank,

I am going on a long run shorthly, so will have a proper look at how much it uses,

·
Registered
13 Posts
If its any help, i have a 61 plate LT Manual, with the new 2.2Dieselengine and gearbox and i am getting around 34mph (440miles) on a combined cycle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2010 7 seat LT Auto. Getting aprx 345 to a full tank combined. Abut 390-420 Motorway. And I drive economicaly rarely carrying more than 4 passengers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
bigiainw said:
Is it auto or manual? The average for a manual, depending on driving style and types of journey is anywhere between 27-32 ish, autos around the 24-28 mark.
I agree, we get around the 25mpg mark but most of that is around town and short trips. Its not the most economical car but when you factor in the size and automatic box its not surprising really.

My C350 is more economical and thats a 3.5 V6.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I get about 37mpg (7.5l/100km), but I do a lot of country/motorway driving and usually only carrying two. That is with a 2007 7 seat LT manual.

·
Registered
997 Posts
CarbonBlackM5 said:
bigiainw said:
I agree, we get around the 25mpg mark but most of that is around town and short trips. Its not the most economical car but when you factor in the size and automatic box its not surprising really.

My C350 is more economical and thats a 3.5 V6.

I agree, it isn't bad for the size and weight, but it's certainly not brilliant either...

·
Registered
652 Posts
I get avg of 30mpg little worse than I was getting last year, but I have been doing less motorway runs (saying that, they've increased again in last few months)....

One thing to note though is the specified tank capacity to what you can actually get in. Which unfortunatly, means your consumption is probably worse than you expect, if you have been basing it on a 65ltr tank, but are filling it up to the gunnel, as that is actually around the 68ltr mark (from empty). So there is 3ltrs you may not be accounting for...

·
Registered
997 Posts
I do mine brim to brim, so the tank capacity doesn't matter and is based on actual consumption. Which is depressing...

·
Registered
652 Posts
That's how I do mine Iain, then depending on miles driven against the no litres it took to re-fill.... As I keep a log for business, I have calculations cover MPG over 20k miles.

I only mentioned, as a mate of mine was doing the same thing, but started off thinking the tank capacity was as per the book, and made the school boy error of thinking it took the same to refill each time ... doh!!! (Mind you, I should add, he drives until the red light is on and the car is on fumes) before filling up. Have told him that isnt good for the car, as all sorts of gung gets chruned up that way (ie. when the tank is nearly empty).

Edited by: K.L.Richards

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts