Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weel I have now had my Chevrolet LTX 2010 plate for2 weeks and must admit I have found the fuel consumption to be worse than I expected
Trouble is I only do short journeys in the car until the school term times when we go camping (main reason I chose the Captiva) but any help or advise I would be happy to hear from you guys.
Newbie!!!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Are you auto or manual?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Short journeys plus auto= skint!

So do you know what your actual consumption is? My overall with a manual and sensible driving mainly on the motorway is about 32-33 mpg. I dread to think what yours is....
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes have worked it out to about 28-30 not good, but I absolutely love the car it's fab to drive and can fit all the kids friends in so should I really complain?

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
This is an old chestnut. Nearly two tonne of vehicle needs fuel to move it! Auto will consume more but takes the agro out of a stop/start journy. Shopping and school runs will be lucky to give 22-24 mpg. Motorway on cruise (70mph)34-36mpg. As discussed in previous forum content (and recent media reporting), manufacturers listed figures can be reduced by about a third for the reality of everyday use.

Enjoy the vehicle but it needs 'fuel feeding'.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies, the drive makes up for the poor fuel consumption so will learn to live with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts