Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how you are getting on with your sparks and how many miles you get to the gallon. the official figures seem rather optimistic especially 67mpg, but i have read of two owners who say they have achieved this. initially i was barely doing 40mpg but there were two factors which probably contributed to this. firstly i had roof bars on, sometimes my ladders too as i use the car for my business. secondly i discovered that although i had taken delivery of this car with only 80 miles on the clock, all the tyres were underinflated, the front left had only 20pounds of air in.
since then and having now covered over 500 miles i am now averaging about 48mpg but i hasten to add this is trying to drive with restraint. over to you good people

Edited by: wolfman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your response and your reassurances too. it seems a well thought out car and feels well built so looking forward to a reasonable drive at the weekend from scotland to newcastle over the weekend. i,ll let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi
my sparky has only done 245 miles so far, seems to be ok on fuel, but im sure it will get better as engine loosens up, was same with our matiz, after about 1500 miles it was much better on fuel..

interesting wolfman with tyre pressues tho!? mine was new from dealer and had tyre pressures 20 to 27! inflated for economy as per label in door to 35psi, little bit more road noise but hey ho!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aye, the amount of air in your tyres makes all the difference for sure. i,ve now completed a trip to newcastle over the weekend and averaged 53mpg overall with mixed driving mostly attempted at lower revs, which isn,t always easy with such a small engine. i have now done just over 1200 miles and as has been pointed out by many owners including yourself things are improving. i,ve noticed the car is getting nippier too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there, Spark 1.2 LT here.Is it possible to view the running mpg on the car computer display or do i have to calculate it? Also is the range of 427 miles on a tank correct as it seems abit unrealistic with a 35L tank. Only had it a few days and love it apart from this. Any thoughts or advice would be greatlyappreciated. Cheers all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts