Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got my 2012 Orlando Diesel 2 Litre and was wondering how everyone has found it on fuel economy. Coming from a Nissan Note 1.6 petrol engine I seem to have put more in this week (it's a week old) than I ever did the Nissan. So far I've put in 30 quid and done 130 miles, that's about 4.5 gallons of fuel.

Is this a lot? Will it settle down? What MPG is anyone else getting (showing 26-27 urban) atm.

Cheers.

Edited by: vandal

·
Registered
997 Posts
Seems a bit high, but it's still probably very tight. Give it at least 5000 miles to loosen up before you get really worried. That said, Chevy's own figures tend to be wildlyoptimistic!

·
Registered
69 Posts
As with any new car has to bed down I only have done just over 3000 miles with the Orlando LTZ Auto 2.0 litre 163 bhp was obsolutely rotten to start with21.5 mpg now doing 28.5 mpg around town and long distance actually near the 32 mpg like 32.1 mpg. so it will get better, also don't forget the Orlando weighs near 1.75 tonne and can accelerate 0-60 in 9.7 sec so you have to learn to have a light right foot otherwise even inmy automatic can get wheel spin also handles like a car not a normal mpv. Please don't frighten the BMW 3 series drivers as I did.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had the Orlando Auto 163 for over a year now and I have always got 40mpg whether it be on a long run or local, once on a motorway for about 150 miles I got well over 50.Towing a very large heavy caravan I get 25, up hill and down dale. This is of course from the trip reading as I have never kept any reading for brimming it.
Towing a heavy caravan I like to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Geez oh, Bopeep, you're doing wel!! Mine is the 130 & I'm lucky if I get 33 on local running, & that's being VERY lightfooted. I was however very nearly ecstatic a couple of weeks ago when on a run of over 350 motorway miles I recorded 52.2. My joy was somewhat diminished when on the return journey the DPF light came on & I drove in 3rd to get the revs up to clear it (took almost half an hour!!). Obviously sitting at 65 the revs aren't high enough to generate sufficient heat to keep the DPF clear. As a result of this my overall consumption for 700 motorway miles ended up at 46.4. Disappointing, given my speed, but all down to this ****** DPF.

·
Registered
380 Posts
NO!
Just a little question, Were you properly informed about the dpf and regeneration issues and the possibility of fuel being dumped into the sump, thus destroying the engine oil and ultimately the engine?
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
69 Posts
No one has been informed of the issues with dpf and wish it just was taken away as it appears to cause more issues than it solves. Still love the vehicle though managed to upset another BMW driver this evening as they always think the Orlando is just another MPV which wallows the other driver gets in the wrong lane and tries to cut you up but finds cannot us being quicker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re being informed about DPF, I didn't know such a thing existed until after I'd purchased the car & was reading the Handbook.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have something good to say about the DPF!

It makes a satisfying clunk when you heave it into the tip... (had mine removed from my Captiva!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now done just over 5000 mile and with my LTZ Auto Orlando and on a long run got 34 miles to the gallon, around town now 31 mpg. The big problem I have is possibly the same as everyone else just love the performance of this car and handling it is actually fun to drive also has very good brakes. I found I frighten my son who drives a Citroen C1 cannot believe its a diesel, the only diesel that frightened me beforewas a Citroen ZX turbo diesel a few years ago. We have to remember to all be lighter with our right foot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So we made less than a month to add new eagle first findings.
Currently mileage 1250 km. All the traffic I decided after giving consideration to:
http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/547386.html.
Mainly because it takes into account running on LPG and also counts in gasoline consumption and refilled.
Findings: motor - very sophisticated operation for people who ride on consumption. After driving 300 km remodeled to LPG. Switching from gasoline to LPG can not perceive. Power loss either. But maybe that's driving style.
Way Brno - Jilemnice about 90% to 5 using the cruise control. Only in the event that a municipality ends steep hill or a sharp bend to be subsumed. Eg. Birch Svitavou end. Ride according to the rules of + 5%. I use cruise control to add, switch off before entering the village and the village turn on again. due to the fact that the Orlik my first car with cruise control, for me it's like a PC game. According to PC current consumption 7.6 to 7.7 liters. With dotankovaného fuel consumption, however, based on 9.35 liters of LPG. 63 l tank. On a full tank mileage 630 km, 58.9 liters of LPG refueling at 17.20 CZK. Gasoline consumption in the Heats will know only after the petrol. So far I've taken 20 l and I have more than half. Currently I drive on winter Kleber Krisalp plate 215 and I'm looking forward to the summer Michelinky. Of course I'm looking forward to reunions. View of 10 or more Orlik behind or beside him will be great.
I studied other fora (eg VW Caddy, which I have until now) and I'm glad for this forum. If such questions to Lpg, let me know. As the owner of four car on LPG with over 500,000 km on LPG already know something. So many happy miles Orlíkům not only all wishes
Welcome to the Czech Republic and contact me anytime
Orlando Tour

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have just driven Spain UK UK spain, travelling between 65 and 80 mph, the car was loaded. I got between 43 and 48 mpg according to the trip, the most was in the UK from Brighton to Market Bosworth.

Mine is the auto 163, I did have a problem in France it was torrential rain all day and what with the spray from the trucks the damp must have got in, the next morning neither the heated seats worked or the sat nav, the seats came back later but a week later the sat nav cannot be programmed.

Now booked in at a spanish garage to be looked at.

Now done 21 000 miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jut chipping in regarding the comments on DPF issues. It seems to me that DPF doesn't have to be an issue. I have had 2 Citroen C4 PGrand Picasso's both diesel and both spending the vast majority of their lives doing stop / start around town driving. I have never had the DPF light come on and until I read about DPF on this forum I wasn't even aware of what a DPF was !
I'm no techie but Ibelieve that the DPF on Citroens and Peugeots regenerate at a lower temperature. Whatever the reason it seems to me that DPF's don't have to be a pain but can be depending on the way they work.

Anyway I was really looking for a change and liked the Orlando and almost certainly would have bought one had it not been for concerns about the DPF. I know the issues are not just issues with Chevrolets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wish I could be confident about that. If I was I'd definately be going for an Orlando.
Thing is my car does stop/start around town short journeys the vast majority of time. Often it's many weeks before it does any distance at all. So I reckon I'm driving my diesel car exactly how it shouldn't be driven if you want to avoid DPF issues.
So far I've covered 26,000 miles in the currentCitroen (2009) without any issue whatsoever. Maybe Citroen's do have DPF issues as well but to me it would appear far less likely than with other makes. I discussed this with one of the mechanics at the fleet workshop I use and he agreed that he'd never had a Citrioen in with DPF issues.
It's a shame really as I'm getting a bit bored with these and fancy a change. I like the styling of the Orlando and they are good value.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The nasty problem why my miles to the gallon are rotton is the amount of traffic with steep hills, 30 mph which used to be 40mph, 50mph which was derestricted, and 3 sets of traffic lights within 3/4mile, journeys which should take 15 minutes can take 3/4 hr. The vehiclewith allits problems is not bad, just DPF but all with Diesels whatever make, and3 other things these are no light coming on over the driving position so you can see to put the key in at night when opening the door, why don't the doors autolock when driving away as per handbook, then what about windowsclosing when locking door on key fob as many other cars do including my old vehicle. But would still buy another, something else I found out turning off traction control in these snowy control stops thewheels spinning, this I found from readinga Kia instructionbook, and for some reason makes the mpg figures better by as much as 3 mpg weird.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts