·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi
Im looking for the fuel filter on my 2012 Chevrolet Captiva 2.4 LT
Petrol.
Thanks
Ivan
There is no serviceable fuel filter for the 2.3/2.4 petrol Captiva's as designed for life of vehicle, unlike the 2.2 Diesel that has filters that you can actually change.

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Captiva 2.4 Petrol Front Wheel Drive, 167hp
9 Posts
There is no serviceable fuel filter for the 2.3/2.4 petrol Captiva's as designed for life of vehicle, unlike the 2.2 Diesel that has filters that you can actually change.
Hi Ivan,

Does that mean that the fuel filter is housed in the tank?

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
GC the PDF file is showing as corrupted and will not download. Can you try a fresh link please. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Fisherboy.

See if this helps you:

PDF with fuel system
I discovered from an Opel (formerly an agent for Chevrolet) dealer here in Germany yesterday that this is no serviceable fuel filter installed in my car, just a small filter which is part of the fuel pump housed in the tank that does not need to be changed. Thanks anyway for your help.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
I discovered from an Opel (formerly an agent for Chevrolet) dealer here in Germany yesterday that this is no serviceable fuel filter installed in my car, just a small filter which is part of the fuel pump housed in the tank that does not need to be changed. Thanks anyway for your help.
This confirms the information given by Scouse-Mafia.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's a good schematic of the fuel tank and its associated EVAP equipment. I've attached a shot of it with the charcoal canister coloured in red.As we've discussed on here before, when you "brim" the tank, liquid fuel - rather than fuel vapour - can find its way along the vent tube (No 9) and soak the charcoal canister which leads to it breaking up.

@gcmarcal do you happen to have a schematic of the Captiva diesel fuel tank?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a good schematic of the fuel tank and its associated EVAP equipment. I've attached a shot of it with the charcoal canister coloured in red.As we've discussed on here before, when you "brim" the tank, liquid fuel - rather than fuel vapour - can find its way along the vent tube (No 9) and soak the charcoal canister which leads to it breaking up.

@gcmarcal do you happen to have a schematic of the Captiva diesel fuel tank?

View attachment 1705
Although my Cativa is a LHD vehicle as is the norm on mainland Europe, but it makes no difference.
It may be of interest to Captiva 2.LE5 engine owners that this particualr engine is often used for racing in the US
although vastly modified of course. However, the F40 manual 6-speed gearbox is also used and bog standard with no mods, so that just goes to show how robust they are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts