Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an issue with the fuel gauge on my 2009 Cruze 2.0 vcdi, in that it will drop when going round a roundabout.

Last night it fell from 1/4 tank to empty and the "fill tank" message appeared, along with the empty light.

Remaining miles available fell from 71 to zero.

It always recovers but does take a little while to do so, last night it took about 5 - 10 mins and all was ok again.

Dealer says they can see no issues, but I am not happy and will be pursuing it further.

Anybody else had this happen to them ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Car is currently back at dealers having fuel gauge issue looked at.

It has also stalled on a couple of occasions, foot has been on clutch and engine died.

Hopefully nothing too serious as apart from that, the car is very good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked the pins in the ECU , nothing bad there (seems impossible to me as a matter of fact because pins will break if not inserted properly) . If the problem comes back , check the wiring harness , they replaced mine this week and showed me the old one . It was pretty damaged because it touched the pipe to the EGR valve and started melting . Some wires lost their insulation . Could be that , because they disconnected the wiring harness from the ECU the wires are not touching anything thus not short circuiting . You can check this by disconnecting the wiring harness from the ecu and lifting the harness to check if the bottom is damaged . Problem is totaly gone now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car has been back in again for a different issue, kept stalling. This was traced to a faulty fuel filter housing that was sucking in air. This has been replaced and once again all seems to be ok. Hopefully no more issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully no more issues, I really like the car.

It is all covered by warranty, it was reported within a week of purchase so SOG act also protects it.

Garage have been good, providing replacement cars each time.

I will look at the wiring you mentioned and mention it should fault happen again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ehm , with P/ex my vec , do you mean changed my vectra ? (i am from Belgium so my English is not 100 % lol ;) ) . I drove a 2006 2.0 tdci mondeo before the Cruze . Standard 115 hp but tuned to 175 (intercooler , mapping , open exhaust , manual boost valve , cold air intake, pipercross panel filter ) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No longer have vehicle, now own a 2010 1.8 LT after dealer offered to swap vehicle.
Slightly less mpg, but a year younger and a 1/4 of the miles on the clock.

All seems very good........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts