Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am bringing across a topic from another forum as it may be different on Captiva.
The new model Captiva only comes with a can of 'gunk' and a pump rather than a spare wheel. Having looked under my LTZ (7 seater) there does appear to be room to house a spare wheel. Anyone know if possible to house wheel in there and where do you get the hanging/mounting brackets to take it. If any of you have done this I would appreciate comments; ie easy, difficult or dont bother.

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
380 Posts
My usual reply...Ask your local dealer, parts man, take him the chassis number and he will tell you the cost of the parts, alternatively ask barry franklin [email protected], (chevrolet dealer) and if he can get the bits to order he can usually knock a bit off. When I told my new local chevrolet dealer that I got a discount through the club, he agreed to give the discount too. Every little helps.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I take it your car is a facelift model Aussie Ed? My 2008 LTX has a cradle and a space-saver wheel- I'll get a pic later and post it in here so you can see. as the facelift is only different body wise at the front, I can't think that it would be that difficult to retro fit the same arrangement.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pics as promised

Hope that helps!

Iain

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iain & Oldroverboy, Response and photos much appreciated. Thanks chaps

Aussie Ed