Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 0.8 matiz and it has a broken cigarette lighter which i need to replace. However I cant see the way to get the cover up to get at the wiring

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The black plastic section of the floor console is clipped into the grey part and can been gently prized free. There are 6 clips which are part of the moulding. If you use a screw driver as a lever consider putting some thin card around the blade to reduce marking the 2 parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will give it a try. Just waiting for dryer weather so may be a while. will post photo's of outcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
final update...

Thanks Jasta for the tips worked a treat.

So have taken the opportunity to double up the number of sockets with some replacement units (as original was fried).

plus everything wants to be plugged in for charging these days and the units only cost 99p on ebay.

I found it much easier to remove the front seat to give more wiggle room when doing the job. Was only 4 bolts and they were easy to get to.

did also find the fuse to be blown..

seems the tizzy uses mini blade fuses not the standard. luckily the engine compartment fuse box has a spare of each. Have ordered the replacements from ebay 99p for 5 so not a bad price. The internal fuse box is pain to get to (under driving wheel high under dash), but found it useful to use the tweezers in the engine fuse box to get out the internal ones as they sit tight together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts