Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how long this thread will remain before the "mods" decide it should be removed, and it will probably depend on the wording of any posts, so please consider how you word any reply you decide to make.

I thought it a good idea, to list details on your encounter with the different Chevrolet dealers, so we can make an informed decision where to go to get your Captiva serviced, fixed, etc.

I would like to suggest that you should only post factual information and restrain from making a comment, such as "bad dealer" or "don't go there", as this will probably get the thread removed. Just give the facts, so that others can make an informed decision.

And on that note......

My Captiva is STILL in FRF Bridgend, having warranty work performed. Here's a summary of what has been happening.

1. Rear washer not working. They actually told me this.... They cant find anything wrong with the rear washer. After the mechanic re-connected a loose pipe the rear washer was working....

2. Internal mirror (auto dimming) not working. This was caused by the water from the loose pipe shorting or fusing the mirror. It also soaked the adhesive pad, so the mirror fell of the screen. The service team said, that there is nothing wrong with the DOOR mirror, and the washer pipe doesn't go past it, so it would not have caused it to fail. DOH!!!! INTERNAL MIRROR.

3. Wheel bearing. I have now been without the car for over a week, because of the following....

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
a) Car will be ready at 11am on Thr (Car left with them on Wed)...

b) Thr... We need a wheel bearing. It wont arrive until Fri.

c) Fri (am).... The bearing goes to our garage in Swansea and is distributed from there to Bridgend. We haven't received it yet.

d) Fri (pm) ... We only ordered the bearing Thr pm, and it takes 48 hours to arrive. Wont arrive till Monday.

e) Mon .... We are waiting for the bearing. It was not ordered till late in the week and we don't get deliveries on Monday.

f) Tue (Today).... We are waiting on the bearing. They have a 12 day back order because of the snow .... SNOW !!!!!</BLOCKQUOTE>

4. To add insult to injury, they charge £5 per day for insurance on the courtesy car. Which was only supposed to be for a day (2 at most). Now had it a week, and no information on how long it will take.

They don't keep you informed on progress, you have to chase them, and when you do, you get a different story each time.....

You make your minds up about FRF Bridgend, but they wont get anymore of my business.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok where to start ! Arnold clark linwood (just outside glasgow ) My car went in aug 08 not long after i purchased it for water leak that was soaking rear drivers side seat belt and to check auto box as it thought it was holding on to the gears and not changing properly and power steering making a droaning noise . Picked the car up and was told NO FAULT FOUND with auto box or steering and was told because i asked to check 3 things and only 1 was warranty i should be charged one hour labour to cover time but after a heated discussion with manager they waved fee checked car over when home and found rear drivers boot trim was cracked down at 3rd row of seats prob 2 dont long crack had a "discussion " with manager and after driving the 30 mile round trip to let them see it they ordered new part and said they would replace as and i quote good will gesture . Long story short as i could fill many pages after having the car back in same dealer several times asking them to check auto box and steering noise and then being charged for the labour to check the day before my warranty ran out it got an auto box software update and new power steering pump ! I will add more when i have more time

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">I have to say Bellingers in Grove Oxon are Great they have served me well so far so no complaints
<div style="display: none; background-image: url(chrome-extension://cccpiddacjljmfbbgeimpelpndgpoknn/img/cursor.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; position: fixed; z-index: 1000; width: 20px; height: 20px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Had first service done at Picador in Southampton (main dealer) Excellent Service!

Second service at Frosts nearChicester (main dealer) Very very poor service

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got my car, from Arnold Clark in Glasgow. When I picked it up, I noticed that there was a slight "ding" in the drivers door and also a bit of trim missing in the central console (small part). It was a showroom car, so someone probably knocked the drivers door with another door or something.
Fair play to them- when I pointed it out, they said they would arrange to have the door fixed and the trim part replaced. Sure enough, the saleman called me back a week or so later and had in arranged- fixed the ding in the door (you can't see it at all now) and replaced the trim part.

You can argue that these things should not have been there in the first place, but my measure of how a company performs is how they react to problems and I was pleased with them in this case.

I'll need to see what the service is like when I take it for a service or need anything fixed under warranty, but I'm happy with them so far.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Now there's a rare thing, praise for Arnold Clark. Is that blue snow I see....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry I'm late in posting this comment to K.L but I have hadarguments with my dealer over the supply of a courtesy car. I was under the impression that if you car was in for warranty work then the courtesy car was free. If it goes in for a service thats a different matter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have used Picador in Southampton for the Last 18months to Service my Cruze and they have been great. Picked up an Brand New Captiva on Christmas eve and spent 3 and a half hours by the side of the M3 after the car broke down. Picador have been great and replaced the car, can't fault them.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well got my car back from FRF Bridgend, after they had it for nearly 2 weeks, to find out they did the Wheel Bearing, and the rear wash is now working.

But they didnt do any of the othe "warranty" jobs I asked them to do (bet the charged Chevrolet for them though). They didnt even repair my internal mirror. All the jobs where on the job sheet, I asked for a copy, but they cant give any explanation on whey they didnt do them. I get loads of bull though. Like the condensation build up in the rear light cluster is caused because "the water from the rear wash run into it." When I said that was rubbish, I was told that the air inside the cluster is warmer than the air outside....

FRF Bridgend are a shambles.... Have to give them another go with the mirror this week. If it is not resolved then, I will have to contact Chevrolet UK and take the car elsewhere.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, only right to give praise where praise is due....

The appalling way that FRF Bridgend dealt with me recently, resulted in me drafting a complaint letter which I was going to send to Chevrolet UK. Anyway, to cut a long story short. FRF Bridgend have just appointed a new Service Manager, and after he saw my tale of woe, took a personal interest in my car. He took "ownership" of the problems when the car was booked in, and got the car fixed satisfactorily.

So credit where credit deserved. Just hope it;s not a flash in the pan.

I mentioned the "rust" on the tail gate, which everyone seems to have. He suggested that although there is a 6 year anti-corrosion warranty, it is only a 3 year paint. And as this is a reaction between the chrome number plate light housing, and the body, it can be argued as a paint issue and not actually corrosion. I'm not too sure about this, but not going to take the chance, so going to get mine recorded this week. I was going to leave it till the summer, but the risk doesn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just been in to dealers with the tail gate rust problem and a bit of paint flaking on the wing mirror. Booked it straight in, and also checked I was up to date with any out standing recalls. Well done Pentagon of Barnsley.

·
Registered
44 Posts
lookers warrington so crap they have shut down over christmas leaving me to drive 40 miles to get my car looked at

my car has been in the garage a few times

My impression is that the smallerfranchised dealers dont seem to be as interested as the bigger palyers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts