Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Going for a test drive this coming weekend and the garage have the following in stock:

08 ltx 7 seat in black, 60k on the clock
priced at £10k.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone done this sort of mileage and if so, what problems should I look out for?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I dunno, mine in zest brown with 16k at the same age and spec was £12.5k, so that might be right enough- would depend on the overall condition. It feels a wee bit price with those miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive got a 2008 ltx with 63k miles,had it from new its had a rear wheel bearing and front shocker replaced under warranty.blame that on the amount of road humps where i live .Had a trade in price last month of 8500k against a new ltz ,so 10k seems fair.good motor for the money very high spec on the ltx better than the new sorento at 30k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
magic dragon said:
Ive got a 2008 ltx with 63k miles,had it from new its had a rear wheel bearing and front shocker replaced under warranty.blame that on the amount of road humps where i live .Had a trade in price last month of 8500k against a new ltz ,so 10k seems fair.good motor for the money very high spec on the ltx better than the new sorento at 30k

Thank you.....no sign of the much mentioned clutch problems?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not sure if I want to smile or cry at this thread...

BigIan think you had a bargain...

I bought a 2008 (57 Plate - reg Feb) LTX Diesel, with 15k miles in June this year (2010) and I paid £15k. Did a local check and there wasnt many Captiva's about and those I could find where about the same price. So thought I was having a good deal. Not so sure now....

Mine is "Gold" colour, log book says "Brown" which amazed me. Unless that is the "zest brown" you got Ian...

·
Registered
997 Posts
For zest brown, read bright metallic orange/bronze, depending on the light.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i paid £17 k for a brand new but pre-registered with ten miles on the clock!
7 seater LT.

its been great so far, really pleased with the performance.

i was expecting to struggle to overtake slower cars, but it actually does shift, when you wind it up!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
BigIan, seen that colour... Suprised mine is listed as Brown on the log book, but it is Gold. Seen it described as Champaigne by some dealers....

intimidator... That sounds like a good deal... Mine is a LTX, so a few more toys and leather seats, but you only paid £2k more than me for a new car. I'd probably would have gone for that...

·
Registered
997 Posts
The new LT only lacks the 18" alloys and the full leather as they have 17"s and part leather, but they have cruise etc which if I could have aforded more, I would have probably gone for myself. I do love my Captiva though, esp the heated seats on these cold mornings. I think the official title for the champagne colour is linen beige.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts